• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Binck BankTour 29 september - 3 october

Starts tomorrow, little talk about it?

Seems to be a nice prep for the classics

Stage 1
profiel_binckbank-tour-2020_1.jpg

Stage 2 (ITT)
profiel_binckbank-tour-2020_2.jpg

Stage 3
profiel_binckbank-tour-2020_3.jpg

Stage 4
profiel_binckbank-tour-2020_4.jpg

Stage 5
profiel_binckbank-tour-2020_5.jpg

Apart from stage 5, don't be fooled, the other stages aren't that hard. Maybe some small selection in stage 1 or 4, but nothing huge.
ITT and Geraardsbergen probably deciding.

Favorites?
Van der Poel, Kung, Kragh Andersen, Naesen, Stybar, Gilbert, Pedersen...

Reactions: Kaptain Kool
Does two second places in Tour bunch sprints and a good chance for the overall win mean that Mads Pedersen gets the chance to do the sprints or will they go with Moschetti? It would make more sense than Stuyven and Theuns but it would still be dumb. Especially as he had to sacrifice the Worlds to be here.

looks like Bora will bring more sprinters than all other teams together ;)

three probable WT sprint stages and hardly anybody sends a sprinter. I realise that all of the really top guys other than Ackermann are either about to go to the Giro or taking a break after the Tour, but you’d think every team with a second or third tier sprinter would send them.

three probable WT sprint stages and hardly anybody sends a sprinter. I realise that all of the really top guys other than Ackermann are either about to go to the Giro or taking a break after the Tour, but you’d think every team with a second or third tier sprinter would send them.
Maybe Cavendish will actually finish in the top ten in one of the stages.

It's nice that there seems to be hot coffee or tea available in those last 2 stages near the end.
Don't forget the 3 course meal about 100km in.

Not sure whether I'm amazed or not surprised at all, to see the Ardooie and Aalter finishes in the race after the complaints from riders last year. Personally Aalter was fine as it looked just like a standard Belgian kermesse. But Ardooie is pretty narrow and there seems to be crashes on that chicane most years, as well as Stybars incident with the barriers a few years ago.

Don't forget the 3 course meal about 100km in.

Not sure whether I'm amazed or not surprised at all, to see the Ardooie and Aalter finishes in the race after the complaints from riders last year. Personally Aalter was fine as it looked just like a standard Belgian kermesse. But Ardooie is pretty narrow and there seems to be crashes on that chicane most years, as well as Stybars incident with the barriers a few years ago.

I'm not entirely sure but I think I read somewhere they changed the Ardooie finish and the chicane should be gone but it's probably still pretty narrow.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS