• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Binck BankTour 29 september - 3 october

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's getting worse. Football gonna be played without spectators now too.
Seems pretty bad. In Turkey we did not have a single football match with spectators since many months ago. Most of the universities are going to be online too (including mine, albeit the one I was in last year has already started and it's not online ( it's a mixture of online and normal ) - I changed my university and department I'm studying in )

Reactions: Red Rick
Seems pretty bad. In Turkey we did not have a single football match with spectators since many months ago. Most of the universities are going to be online too (including mine, albeit the one I was in last year has already started and it's not online ( it's a mixture of online and normal ) - I changed my university and department I'm studying in )
Yeah.

I already got delayed with a project for 6 months I expect it to get completely *** again.

Damn Covid. Doesnt belong here but I have a feeling that Europe tried to live with virus and now loosing ground. :confused: Here in Slovakia some ridiculous restrictions too. Mass events are cancelled. All sports will be cancelled too. They cant play even without spectators. Only exception probably will be Uefa game Slovakia Ireland if they will test everybody 12 hours before match. But pubs remains open from 6-22 :rolleyes:

Found the crash, the main trains are up the right and the Sunweb rider is just pulls off the front after doing his turn by the looks of it. It's what happens and getting over left is the right thing to do. Trains coming up the other side should be aware it's going to happen. To me it's just a racing incident. Similar moves happen all the time and this one has just turned unlucky.
Man, don't blame it on the Sunweb.
Blame it on the boogie.

Right, let's hope not, but if it turns out that the organisers are unable to restart the race tomorrow, will this "become" the BinckBank Classic? Or, if not the actual BinckBank Classic - too short, and wrong route - then maybe the Not Quite BinckBank Classic BinckBank One-Day Race.
However, I'm gonna be optimistic, and believe that they will race tomorrow.

Looking at it from 10,000 feet, it is hard to justify holding a sporting event when all other events are canceled, at least here in France. It's a matter of broad enforcement. I didn't like the fact that for 2.5 months I couldn't ride my bike, by myself, out in the countryside away for the teeming mass of infected humanity. However, there are people who are putting their lives on the line every day in hospitals and as health care workers and thousands of restaurant and tourism workers who have lost their jobs.

To keep this thread on track, I watched the footage of yesterday's crash a few times. The Sunweb rider cut to the left a little too abruptly, possibly without looking to see if he had a clear lane on the let.

Only a few cms more and everything would have been fine. If the ISN rider had hit the brakes it would have been the same chain-reaction crash, I think. Anyway, 100 percent a racing incident without any real fault,

I always wonder why riders pulling off the front of a train don't somehow signal better, just raising an arm would probably avoid collisions and near-misses.

Looking at it from 10,000 feet, it is hard to justify holding a sporting event when all other events are canceled, at least here in France. It's a matter of broad enforcement. I didn't like the fact that for 2.5 months I couldn't ride my bike, by myself, out in the countryside away for the teeming mass of infected humanity. However, there are people who are putting their lives on the line every day in hospitals and as health care workers and thousands of restaurant and tourism workers who have lost their jobs.

Booo!

Mods, I call for a lengthy ban!

Nah, I honestly don't see the problem with holding bike races.

Spa also has a circuit...

There was already no public allowed at the start and at the finish, so cancelling this for covid-reasons and less than 24 hours before the start very weak. Especially, as, like I said, other regulations in The Netherlands are very liberal.

Reactions: yaco

TRENDING THREADS