• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Bob Jungels Discussion Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
This guy has got an incredible engine for such a big rider. He even has the quality to come back even stronger after a bad day.

Special rider!

Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:
The field is better, but 10 minutes? Bobby isn't the kind of rider who just cracks..

Anyways, point being that British fans such as Premier Andrew shouldn't feel so confident as it will be a walk in the park to get this jersey.

He lost over two and a half minutes to nibali on blockhaus alone, and without the crash, I think it's safe to assume this is where Yates would have finished roughly
Sup bro, Jungels is the ****, this is exactly what he did the last stages last year as well. Noticed how Yatesy struggled keeping up? He also has an ITT in the bank.

:)

Re: Re:

Akuryo said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:
PremierAndrew said:
Valv.Piti said:
The field is better, but 10 minutes? Bobby isn't the kind of rider who just cracks..

Anyways, point being that British fans such as Premier Andrew shouldn't feel so confident as it will be a walk in the park to get this jersey.

He lost over two and a half minutes to nibali on blockhaus alone, and without the crash, I think it's safe to assume this is where Yates would have finished roughly
Sup bro, Jungels is the ****, this is exactly what he did the last stages last year as well. Noticed how Yatesy struggled keeping up? He also has an ITT in the bank.

Shame Yates had the crash before Blockhaus, but anyway, fair play to Jungels

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
I'm always entertained by the "mate's pull". Nibali got one from Cataldo on a previous stage, but Jungels really buried himself helping Tom.
I think he really fancied his chances to smoke the skinny climbers ahead in the sprint. If he's got strength left, there's absolutely no reason to just sit and do nothing, Dumoulin or no Dumoulin.

Unlikely it'll come as a surprise when/if it happens. We're probably at the tipping point where it'd be a bigger surprise if he never becomes a GC rider. I say he clearly showed 3-weeks ability. On a frivolous note, splendid hair. Even right after the race. Alpecin needs to throw the bank at him. The new Hugo Koblet.

And some said he was wasted as a GC-rider ...
Bob is the real deal and I'm quite certain that in maybe two more years he'll be a genuine contender for a GT-win. His regeneration is really good like I stated before in this thread and he keeps on improving his climbing ability.

He rode really well yesterday which shows good recovery skills and he's still young so who knows, perhaps he can turn into a GT contender. I like the way he rides, always seeking opportunities it seems, even though he could be the one playing it defensively. That said, I'm still not sure if this GT has shown that he's a future GT contender. After all, he only beat the likes of Formolo, Polanc, Hirt, Monfort, Cataldo and Konrad.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
yeah but the last 2 days he was on par if not better than Dumoulin, Mollema etc..
And last year he was 4th (with Majka) out of the GC guys on the last mountain stage, beating Chaves and Kruijswijk. He was also fantastic in the Andalo stage. He needs GTs to last four weeks, he'd put minutes into everybody! :D

But that's what I said before. He lacks the top end level in climbing, but makes up with recovery.

If he can heighten his top end level, he can be a top GT rider.
Do not forget Jungels is only 24. He has a lot of time to improve.

2 years ago nobody thought dumoulin would be a GT contender and look where he is now. Jungels has shown great promise the last 2 years and I do think he can make the jump

TRENDING THREADS