• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Boxing

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Very good fight by Mayweather after couple of weak fights from previous years.Now,onto the next - Alvarez,imo he will be fighting offensively so my prediction - Mayweather by KO in 10 round.:eek:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Mayweather fight was disappointing. Expected much better.

What did you expect?
There were couple of really good jabs,and in 7 or 8 round iirc it looked like Guerrero is may get ko(i mean not the end of the match u know,i dont know how its called in english,i mean like 1 counting:D)
Floyd always looks like he has lot of energy to fight even harder and try to KO the opponent in final rounds,but he always plays it safe way.Just control the fight,like he says.:cool:

ILovecycling said:
What did you expect?
There were couple of really good jabs,and in 7 or 8 round iirc it looked like Guerrero is may get ko(i mean not the end of the match u know,i dont know how its called in english,i mean like 1 counting:D)
Floyd always looks like he has lot of energy to fight even harder and try to KO the opponent in final rounds,but he always plays it safe way.Just control the fight,like he says.:cool:

I didn't believe that he would win so easily. I can't believe how fast he is for a 36 year old. Guerrero was outclassed and only won the first round although the judges were more generous.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
movingtarget said:
I didn't believe that he would win so easily. I can't believe how fast he is for a 36 year old. Guerrero was outclassed and only won the first round although the judges were more generous.

Alvarez is even slower than Guerrero imo

@Pacman
Good to see him back,its a shame that with 2 diff companies they cant fight each other with Floyd

Froch - Kessler.

Everyone keeps saying Kessler is shop-worn. Froch is ready. Not sure Kessler want it THAT bad anymore. Hope so though - Class act.

Prime Kessler shi!s all over Froch. Boxes his ear off.

Kessler all the way.

And still WBA!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Great fight, thought Froch won 116-113, would love to see it again if Kessler wants a rubber match, if not Andre Ward although I don't see Froch beating Ward.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
She should find another hobby that 3rd judge. 118-110. Jesus christ.

Kessler never had a chance from the beginning if that was her genuine scores. Froch won by 2 perhaps 3 rounds. But that was just pathethic.

Yep, Adelaide Byrd is a terrible judge whether it's MMA or boxing.

Seriously, MMA fans are happy she is in London so she can't judge on the UFC card tonight.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Cyivel said:
Floyd vs Canelo is on!

Yeah,I couldnt believe it when i saw it on twitter,news etc.:D
Its like a dream,and this early,Im just surprised.
Im angry that I havent got a money to see this live.It has to be massive showtime night:)
Already looking forward to this Allaccess stuff...
Money onto 45-0:cool:

ILovecycling said:
Its like a dream,and this early,Im just surprised.

For Floyd--who controls the decision completely--the sooner the better. Canelo is only going to get better, while Floyd at 36 is starting to slow down, and will continue to decline in the future. In a year or two, Canelo would have a very good shot of beating him. This September, not very likely, I'd say. For all the self-serving "I'm giving the fans what they want" talk, Floyd is always very calculating. He doesn't take risks. If he really thought Canelo was a serious threat to him, he'd find a way to avoid meeting him. If Alvarez were a little smaller, I don't think the fight would even be close--sort of like Guerrero. But his size and power make it a somewhat better match.

I'd still rather see FM and Pacquiao, even now, when neither is as good as they were a couple of years ago. But Canelo is about the next best choice. Sergio Martinez would have made a terrific fight a few years ago, too, but he's pushing 40 now and showing his signs of his age. If Matthyse beats Danny Garcia, he might be the next possible opponent.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Merckx index said:
For Floyd--who controls the decision completely--the sooner the better. Canelo is only going to get better, while Floyd at 36 is starting to slow down, and will continue to decline in the future. In a year or two, Canelo would have a very good shot of beating him. This September, not very likely, I'd say. For all the self-serving "I'm giving the fans what they want" talk, Floyd is always very calculating. He doesn't take risks. If he really thought Canelo was a serious threat to him, he'd find a way to avoid meeting him. If Alvarez were a little smaller, I don't think the fight would even be close--sort of like Guerrero. But his size and power make it a somewhat better match.

I'd still rather see FM and Pacquiao, even now, when neither is as good as they were a couple of years ago. But Canelo is about the next best choice. Sergio Martinez would have made a terrific fight a few years ago, too, but he's pushing 40 now and showing his signs of his age. If Matthyse beats Danny Garcia, he might be the next possible opponent.

For me its the other way around,imo as for now, Canelo is more dangerous for Floyd than Pacman(@147)
Do you know about good middleweight fighter who could lose wight to light-middle (i mean 154) and be an interesting opponent for Floyd?Cos this is another good option after Pacman methinks.
(I dont follow classic middleweight)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Did anyone see the Daniel Geale fight ? Geale seemed pretty disappointed with the split decision against him. I will have to check it out.

It was freaking amazing, and Barker deserved the win. He made a comeback in the 6th round that was one of the best I've ever seen, and then finished the fight much stronger than Geale. Geale didn't deserve the win in any way.

ChewbaccaD said:
It was freaking amazing, and Barker deserved the win. He made a comeback in the 6th round that was one of the best I've ever seen, and then finished the fight much stronger than Geale. Geale didn't deserve the win in any way.

Sounded like a good fight. Geale's first fight in the US and it sounds like he will get more opportunities as the promoter was happy with both fighters. Geale said he thought it was close and two of the judges scored it that way. Maybe Geale was more disappointed with his own performance than the result.

TRENDING THREADS