• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brandon McNulty is the Next Great American Hope Thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It is very surprising as Sean Kelly pointed out that such a strong team was nowhere to be found when it mattered.

In other news this thread title has to change in light of being upstaged by jorgie.
I was thinking the same about UAE. They were MIA today. Not sure if he could have done better than 3rd, however. He isn't quite yet fully convincing as a major week-long stage race winner. He might just be too heavy for multiple climbing stages.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I was thinking the same about UAE. They were MIA today. Not sure if he could have done better than 3rd, however. He isn't quite yet fully convincing as a major week-long stage race winner. He might just be too heavy for multiple climbing stages.
He certainly wasn't better than the competition head to head, but this last stage was very salvageable if he had some strong doms with him over the second to last climb to pace him back before the finale.

I'm surprised that Jorgenson climbed as well as he did, frankly. Mcnulty listed at 69 kg and Jorgenson at 65. I think they're slightly bigger than the listed weights you can find on a web search. I have no idea what the sourcing is.
Jorgenson: "I am 190cm (74¾ inches), 70-71kg (154-156lbs), so I will never be a pure climber. We are still trying to figure that out." This was in 2020. Maybe he can get to 68 or so. 65? I don't think so.