• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brandon McNulty is the Next Great American Hope Thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
McNulty's best chance to win a Grand Tour is to get a time machine and travel to like 1993.

He's never going to win a Tour with his climbing level but I do feel bad for him because he's exactly the kind of skillset which used to win GTs.
The guy just rode out of his mind today, but you want to talk about what he can't do in the future? o_O

Incredible ride today. Rafal who ? But hopefully McNulty and UAE have something left for Hautacam because they will need to do something very special to crack the limpet who keeps telling us it was "easy".
He didn't actually say that. You are parroting some random guy on twitter's lie. You don't care about what's true, as long as it's to Vingegaards detriment, apparently.

From his days of old, when he was doing triathlon

FYNldqlXEAAulln

Wouldn't it take a serious problem for both Alemeida and Vine for him to be considered the GC guy? It's tough competition.
Doesn't have to be "the" GC guy, just having a free role. A protected rider. I also don't know why Vine should automatically be ahead of him as far as GC goes. It's not as if Vine has the trackrecord to back that up. More elite climbing performances obviously, but in the Vuelta last year he faded hard and fast and now suddenly he is supposed to be a co-leader with Almeida.

Doesn't have to be "the" GC guy, just having a free role. A protected rider. I also don't know why Vine should automatically be ahead of him as far as GC goes. It's not as if Vine has the trackrecord to back that up. More elite climbing performances obviously, but in the Vuelta last year he faded hard and fast and now suddenly he is supposed to be a co-leader with Almeida.
I would agree on Vine and, to some extent on Almeida's 3 week prospects. The natural attrition of Giro competition should settle UAE's GC on it's own and Brandon could be the most resilient. Hopefully he gets that shot for all the good deeds he's done.

If I remember correctly, He did tons of work for Pogacar in the hilly and mid-mtn stages of weeks 2& 3 of last year’s Tour. Surprised he isn’t on the Tour squad—or does UAE plan for him to do both? I guess they do have more and better mtn domestiques to deploy this coming Tour.

Reactions: Sandisfan