• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Pricey_sky said:
This is looking like its going to be very close, leave was as big as 10/1 earlier in the day and now just 6/4.

The 'winning' vote total is predicted to be 16.8 million.

Elsewhere I read 16.4.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Laura Kuenssberg on the BBC saying a senior Labour figure has told her they expect Leave to win.

Read what you like into that.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
So what are all these Brexiters in the north going to do when they realise Westminster ain't stepping in to replace EU development funds?

On another note, Big Mac, a few pointers on how to apply for Portuguese citizenship? :razz:

Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
So what are all these Brexiters in the north going to do when they realise Westminster ain't stepping in to replace EU development funds?

On another note, Big Mac, a few pointers on how to apply for Portuguese citizenship? :razz:

Wait, you're not Portuguese but a Brit?

My life's a lie.

Your perfect use of English and having Algarve as your location should have rang a bell. :D

Re: Re:

BigMac said:
The Hitch said:
Amsterhammer said:
*** BREXIT ***
Everything you need to know is right here, courtesy of the extremely wonderful and witty John Oliver. Make sure you watch right to the end. :p

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/20/john-oliver-explains-the-insane-brexit-vote-to-the-rest-of-the-world/
Honestly didn't find a single joke in the whole thing that was aimed at someone over 10

Cringy as hell.

Agreed.

When I was in primary school I would definately laugh my ass off at a bunch of people dressed as choir boys singing "*** you European Union". I'd also laugh hysterically at farts, wedgies and people falling off chairs.

But its surprising to me that a show comprised entirely of that level of humour is aimed at adults.

I also distrust people in the comedy industry who use the excuse of "comedy" or "satire" as a cover to simply plaster their own political views over the airwaves.

I would expect anyone remotely honest in that position to at least make an attempt to understand the leave side of the argument. Instead he spent 15 minutes dismissing everyone as racists. It was a longer pro remain segment than the 10 minute ad slots the campaign got on British television.

Current projections suggest at least 15 million people voted for leave. To spend 15 minutes arguing that these are all idiots and racists seems to me like an extremely lazy effort.

Anyone who watches the show know if he's done a long takedown of Hillary yet, or was that only reserved for her general election opponent?

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
CheckMyPecs said:

Wait, you're not Portuguese but a Brit?

My life's a lie.

Your perfect use of English and having Algarve as your location should have rang a bell. :D
Resido em Portugal, mas sou cidadão britânico.

That might soon have to change though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS