• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Red Rick said:
Could anyone explain how this would've gone had Schotland voted for independence? Just a random thought

Don't have the exact figures so far but the majority of Scottish results have been remain, Scotland would not have been in this UK referendum so Leave would have been overwhelming favourites now.

So the rest of GBR campaigned their butt off, so Scottland could keep them in the EU, which they don't want
That's only one matter though

Re:

The Hitch said:
I've gone through one guys spreadsheet of what was neccesary for a 50-50 split
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hCtN3IY76azcr_6OiFPvZI0eXi_8JJqxT7d8vNhW2Do/edit#gid=0

Almost every result has the leave vote overperforming. Usually slightly - 1 or 2%, sometimes by more like 5-10%.

I think only London can save the remain now.
That spreadsheet is only England, though, isn't it? Remain can win with less than 50% in England.

EDIT: Although the numbers coming in now are far enough off from these 50/50 England benchmarks that it still looks good for Leave.

shalgo said:
The Hitch said:
I've gone through one guys spreadsheet of what was neccesary for a 50-50 split
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hCtN3IY76azcr_6OiFPvZI0eXi_8JJqxT7d8vNhW2Do/edit#gid=0

Almost every result has the leave vote overperforming. Usually slightly - 1 or 2%, sometimes by more like 5-10%.

I think only London can save the remain now.
That spreadsheet is only England, though, isn't it? Remain can win with less than 50% in England.

EDIT: Although the numbers coming in now are far enough off from these 50/50 England benchmarks that it still looks good for Leave.

edit: good point. I think you are right.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
A near certainty there will be a 2nd independence Scottish referendum.

Martin McGuiness again as in previous weeks if Leave won, calling for a referendum for a united Ireland. While Sinn Fein campaigned for a Remain vote, I don't think they are too disappointed at the same time. They see this as an opportunity.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

ferryman said:
Pricey_sky said:
ferryman said:
Dundee as predicted. Scotland pretty much holding up as a strong remain.,,

There will surely be another Scottish referendum should Leave win and Scotland vote to remain.

Maybe but not sure about that. Most people have accepted the first result...we shall see...
As an Englishman, all I can say to our Scottish friends is get out of the Union before Little England sinks you all.

CheckMyPecs said:
ferryman said:
Pricey_sky said:
ferryman said:
Dundee as predicted. Scotland pretty much holding up as a strong remain.,,

There will surely be another Scottish referendum should Leave win and Scotland vote to remain.

Maybe but not sure about that. Most people have accepted the first result...we shall see...
As an Englishman, all I can say to our Scottish friends is get out of the Union before Little England sinks you all.

The Union is sunk after that English vote. Little England indeed. Deary deary deary deary deary me.

Goodbye, exceptionalists. Good luck with Nigel 'and not a bullet has been fired' Farage.

ClsOWl7UsAIQ0V2.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.