• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

British politics

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hitch said:
All? there are two that have been named. Neither is alt right. Milo i merely pointed out that he was called a nazi after you said it doesn't happen.

I'll praise the fact though the he is open to debates to discuss things with people who don't like him. I'll defend anyone with that attitude over the snobs who try to deplatform or dehumanize anyone they don't like.
C'mon, you have been repping Milo for years on this website. Own it. Hard to believe that the gamergate reunion did not sway public opinion on behalf of Sargon. I hope Milo got paid as his creditors are lined up around the block.

I doubt many of you would find much disagreement besides "agreeing to disagree" with Milo, on points he an eloquent pretty well.
People who don't even know who they are, are determined to stop them from being allowed to talk. I can kind of understand Milo because he does say really extreme things sometimes, and even though they are all satire, i know some people are too stupid to understand the difference between satire and reality.
To call Milo racist and sexist is demonstrative on a very low level of intelligence on your part.

I can kind of understand Milo because he does say really extreme things sometimes, and even though they are all satire, i know some people are too stupid to understand the difference between satire and reality.

And you, Hitch, are too young to remember a time when pure racist abuse was televised as satire, and too thick to be able to understand why most people dont want to see a return to those days.

Do you ever think about what you say before you say it? Does your intellect include the ability to put yourself into the shoes of people whose daily lives are blighted by the kind of puerile *** you are impressed by, which you attempt to dress up as political freedom?

Your heroes are morons.

Re:

macbindle said:
Great post.

The far-right are attempting to claim victimhood, which is why Robinson went around trying to incite people to attack him. The video taken by a bystander of his milk shaking was chilling, he had his thugs encircle a lone Muslim guy, then Robinson kept jerking in a him as if about to punch him. Naturally Robinson's cameraman was close up and showed none of this.

I too am baffled as to why The Hitch is so keen to defend far-right agitators. The free speech thing is ***...its always only about a particular kind of speech, racist and misogynistic speech. I sense that the Hitch is very very young (mid 20s?) and therefore did not even exist in the 70s and 80s when people fought hard to change society for the better.

You lived through the 80's? In one of the most prosperous countries on earth?. That's supposed to mean something?

I've seen met read and listened people who survived actual genocides and totalitarianism (of the type you oppose and the type you support) and I'm certainly not taking your word for what a fascist is or how the world works when you dont even have the heart to read or listen to people you disagree with.

You ain't lived through ***.

macbindle said:
I can kind of understand Milo because he does say really extreme things sometimes, and even though they are all satire, i know some people are too stupid to understand the difference between satire and reality.

And you, Hitch, are too young to remember a time when pure racist abuse was televised as satire, and too thick to be able to understand why most people dont want to see a return to those days.

Do you ever think about what you say before you say it? Does your intellect include the ability to put yourself into the shoes of people whose daily lives are blighted by the kind of puerile *** you are impressed by, which you attempt to dress up as political freedom?

Your heroes are morons.

I never called these people my heroes. More fascist lies from you ;)

You should watch sargons rallies. There was a very funny moment when an Indian supporter took the microphone and starred laughing at the protestors. They were all white middle class. To a man. The one. Indian in the town was asking them why they were all white.

Of course they declined to answer him because having a debt would be fascism. Shouting at people and emailing venues that you will use violence if they let in people you don't like is democracy!!!

djpbaltimore said:
The Hitch said:
All? there are two that have been named. Neither is alt right. Milo i merely pointed out that he was called a nazi after you said it doesn't happen.

I'll praise the fact though the he is open to debates to discuss things with people who don't like him. I'll defend anyone with that attitude over the snobs who try to deplatform or dehumanize anyone they don't like.
C'mon, you have been repping Milo for years on this website. Own it. Hard to believe that the gamergate reunion did not sway public opinion on behalf of Sargon. I hope Milo got paid as his creditors are lined up around the block.

I doubt many of you would find much disagreement besides "agreeing to disagree" with Milo, on points he an eloquent pretty well.
People who don't even know who they are, are determined to stop them from being allowed to talk. I can kind of understand Milo because he does say really extreme things sometimes, and even though they are all satire, i know some people are too stupid to understand the difference between satire and reality.
To call Milo racist and sexist is demonstrative on a very low level of intelligence on your part.

You say "repping milo for years"

So do you have other examples of me defending milo or is this the classic guardian /pravda way to spin that I mentioned him once 3 (?) years ago and once today?

Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
macbindle said:
Great post.

The far-right are attempting to claim victimhood, which is why Robinson went around trying to incite people to attack him. The video taken by a bystander of his milk shaking was chilling, he had his thugs encircle a lone Muslim guy, then Robinson kept jerking in a him as if about to punch him. Naturally Robinson's cameraman was close up and showed none of this.

I too am baffled as to why The Hitch is so keen to defend far-right agitators. The free speech thing is ***...its always only about a particular kind of speech, racist and misogynistic speech. I sense that the Hitch is very very young (mid 20s?) and therefore did not even exist in the 70s and 80s when people fought hard to change society for the better.

You lived through the 80's? In one of the most prosperous countries on earth?. That's supposed to mean something?

I've seen met read and listened people who survived actual genocides and totalitarianism (of the type you oppose and the type you support) and I'm certainly not taking your word for what a fascist is or how the world works when you dont even have the heart to read or listen to people you disagree with.

You ain't lived through ****.

It was champagne and Porches for all, wasnt it Hitch.
Of course, the fact that there were more riots and strikes in the 80s than any post war decade was just people celebrating their wealth, eh.

Second bolded, I've seen it with my own eyes in many countries, peabrain. Again, before you were born.

The Hitch said:
macbindle said:

Your heroes are morons.

I never called these people my heroes. More fascist lies from you ;)

You should watch sargons rallies. There was a very funny moment when an Indian supporter took the microphone and starred laughing at the protestors. They were all white middle class. To a man. The one. Indian in the town was asking them why they were all white.

Of course they declined to answer him because having a debt would be fascism. Shouting at people and emailing venues that you will use violence if they let in people you don't like is democracy!!!

"The one Indian man in town was asking them why they were all white"

Err...you haven't thought this through have you :rolleyes:

Re: Re:

del1962 said:
The Hitch said:
del1962 said:
Sargon may not be a fascist but he is a nasty piece of work with his rape jokes.

I'm glad we agree that someone who has always been consistently and veritably the opposite of fascism, both in his opinions and his behaviors, is not a fascist.

That would be some upside down world if he was.

The fact that he made an anti rape joke, a few years ago is a different issue. I have no problem if people think jokes about unpleasant issues are always bad.

My question would be do you apply that everywhere? Is franky boile also a nasty piece of work, who's said way worse. The comedians who subtily "joked" about killing Trump/ Bush/ thatcher etc? Jess Phillips herself for laughing at male suicide or for saying she would stab Jeremy Corbyn?

Or is it only the youtuber who joins ukip who can't make those jokes or be edgy towards his political opponents?

Don't like Frankie Boyle so yes a nasty piece of work

More subtle jokes about killing Trump, Bush, Thatcher - find them not funny because these are easy targets, but don't really bother me

I think the stabbing in front not back was a metaphor so don't see it as the same, one feature of modern politics is how people twist what is a metaphor into something worse, no comment on the male suicide incident because I would have to see context

Of course all these people should be free to say these things just as people should be quite free to use the vacuous fascist claim as long as they are not inciting violence or being personally abusive though I don't see why Boyle should be given a platform at BBC licence payers expense

I disagree with you on jokes (I also don't like edgy humour but don't think people who do are bad) , but appreciate that you are consistent with your opinion. Most aren't. They will laugh for weeks at thatcher dying but lose their *** when convenient.

I do think you may have the wrong impression of sargon though. Journalists and twitter influences (ones who seem totally OK with Joe beenstein saying kill white men or that ny times journalist saying the same) have pushed the rape tweet for a month because they are trying to tie it to him being "alt right" and because it seems to be the only thing they have on him. Many of the articles even made it out like he had a rape conviction.

But it's not like he tweets people this kind of stuff often. He did it once, in the context of her - quite an unpleasant person, laughing at male suicide, blocking a debate on it in Parliament and spreading an all male are potential rapists narrative. Was he justified, no. Is he the best youtuber, also no. Has he ever been a racist, fascist anything of the sort - 5 years as one of the giants of YouTube show very clearly that - No.

Does a crass joke 3 years ago mean that opportunistic crazy nkvd types get to claim he's far right (as if joke at a politician =nazi), obviously not. The vocal minority who think this are in for a shock when they leave their echo Chambers.

Well... you defended him in 2016. Then you defended him again in 2017. Then you said that your past opinions about him were "reasonable" in 2018. Then there is the latest set of posts. You do realize there is a pretty easy search feature on this forum, right? That is slightly more than mentioning him once 3 years ago and once today.

The honest truth about a lot of these characters is that they are probably better classified as grifters, more than idealogues.

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Well... you defended him in 2016. Then you defended him again in 2017. Then you said that your past opinions about him were "reasonable" in 2018. Then there is the latest set of posts. You do realize there is a pretty easy search feature on this forum, right? That is slightly more than mentioning him once 3 years ago and once today.

The honest truth about a lot of these characters is that they are probably better classified as grifters, more than idealogues.

Hitch's posting pattern is almost exclusively turning up to defend proto-facists and right wing ideologues.

You have to wonder what drives him.

Anyway, back to the idiot's commentator of choice, Carl Benjamin. If I want a giggle I just go back to Jess Phillip's remark from early April:

"Carl Benjamin will forever have whatever career he has defined by me, he will hear my name wherever he goes. His whole political life defined by little feminist Jess, that my friends is comedy."

12:56 PM - Apr 18, 2019

Carl Benjamin is too dim to realise that he stood no chance against her.

Jeesh that has been a hard read. Meanwhile, back on british politics, the Scottish government has put forward legislation (which will be passed, thank you Greens) for another vote on Independence later next year. Westminster will say no. We will see. Oh and YES!!!

Certain communities stand to be screwed if UK (inc. Scotland) pulls out of EU.

When you look at all the people reliant on CalMac ferries, you wonder whether the UK Gov will stump up the money to replace current EU subsidies (I believe it is 70% isnt it?)

You laughed at the discussion you just read, ferryman, but it is apposite to Scotland...we in England have far-right ghouls emerging, emboldened by the racist undercurrent of the Brexit campaign, and supported by a younger generation of know-nothings raised on the internet. I dont believe Scotland would countenance a lurch to the right.

Meecham is a totally irrelevant figure

The Hitch: No he is not. He is a man who has had his life turned upside down, got a criminal conviction and is in danger of going to prison for making a harmless joke that offended no one.

Let's unpack The Hitch's assertion that Meecham's joke was harmless and offended no one...the 'joke' in question was Meecham training his dog to raise its paw in a mock Nazi salute to the command "Gas the Jews!"

Meecham videoed this and posted it online. He didnt do it once, he did it repeatedly.

The Hitch, yet again, is claiming the omniscience to know that "no one" was offended. Quite how he knows this I cant imagine, but I would think that people who had their parents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, grandparents, friends, neighbours gassed by the Nazis might not agree. Of course, their opinion is of no value when compared to that of The Great Hitch, a boy who knows all about totalitarianism and genocide because he did it in school a year or two ago.

Of course the Hitch is the same person that is trying to claim that Carl Benjamin's remark about not raping a female MP ("because there is never enough beer") was in fact an "anti-rape joke".

It would be laughable if it wasnt so creepy.

Brexit? Good for business! :D
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/29/government-spends-almost-100m-brexit-consultants
Nearly £100m of public money has been spent on private consultancy firms recruited by the government to provide Brexit advice, including no-deal planning, a leaked Whitehall report obtained by the Guardian reveals.

The draft report by the National Audit Office (NAO), which scrutinises spending for parliament, details how government departments have paid at least £97m to Brexit consultants up to April this year and criticises them for not meeting transparency standards.

Marked “official sensitive”, the investigation warns Whitehall spending on Brexit consultancy work could hit £240m by 2020, as officials scramble to plan for departure from the EU.

Re:

macbindle said:
Certain communities stand to be screwed if UK (inc. Scotland) pulls out of EU.

When you look at all the people reliant on CalMac ferries, you wonder whether the UK Gov will stump up the money to replace current EU subsidies (I believe it is 70% isnt it?)

You laughed at the discussion you just read, ferryman, but it is apposite to Scotland...we in England have far-right ghouls emerging, emboldened by the racist undercurrent of the Brexit campaign, and supported by a younger generation of know-nothings raised on the internet. I dont believe Scotland would countenance a lurch to the right.
I certainly did not laugh mate. I agree with about all of your posts in this thread. Not pro Scottish in the sense it@s anti-English but hey ho the written word and all that:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS