• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brothers in (crank) arms - Yates Discussion Thread

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Oude Geuze said:
Adam is the stronger climber right?

Before Simon's showings this Giro, yes, Adam was the better climber and Simon the better puncher + time triallist.

After this Giro, Simon's probably just better at everything

Adam would have been much better at last year's Giro if he didn't get a mechanical at the bottom of the first climb.

Back in March they both looked top tier in PN and TA respectively, and then Adam broke his pelvis the following week. Now he seems to have come back at a solid level, it will be very interesting to see what he can do at the Tour - all signs point to a similar development in first year out of young rider competitions.

Re:

Oude Geuze said:
What could Adam do in the tdf? Should bets be placed if he uses the same build up as Simon? Didn’t look too good in Cali but then again, he really shouldn’t be yet.

Adam will have limited support at the TDF - Ewan is the focus at the TDF, though the team will do well in the TTT to give Adam a boost early on in the GC, and they will shepherd him through the tricky first week - Adam will try to do a good GC but winning a GT stage is super important for him.

Re:

Stella0596 said:
I still wonder if he's downplaying that he's the clear favourite, saying that Dumoulin can easily take a lot of time during the time-trial. He doesn't seem as confident as I expected him to be.

He's been very upbeat and confident - frankly his emotional state after today suggests he allowed himself to think he's won, so may now be going in to a more protective approach.

yaco said:
Laplaz said:
Definetly one of the favorites for Innsbruck now.

UK should definitely build their team around Yates x 2, though A.Yates form often tapers off late in the season.

I think he has the ability to go well in late season races though, he's gone well in Canada and last year got 2nd at Milan-Torino (before failing at Lombardy). If he has motivation and targets that race 100% after the TDF I think he'll have a good shot.

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Stella0596 said:
I still wonder if he's downplaying that he's the clear favourite, saying that Dumoulin can easily take a lot of time during the time-trial. He doesn't seem as confident as I expected him to be.

He's been very upbeat and confident - frankly his emotional state after today suggests he allowed himself to think he's won, so may now be going in to a more protective approach.

I wondered if the emotional state was more that he put everything into the last 15 k and he is still only 2' 11" ahead of Dumoulin!

Re:

Brullnux said:
The most dominant GT performance since Nibali in 2014, or Froome in 2013, or Contador 2011. Wow. Fully expect him to be within a minute of dumoulin on tuesday and take another stage at least.

And then never reach this level again

At this stage in 2016 you could say same of Krushweak, I think without poopgate Tom Dumoulin was more dominant last year,