• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brothers in (crank) arms - Yates Discussion Thread

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
PremierAndrew said:
DBotero said:
Decent ride today for S.Yates.Maybe Orica should keep him in reserve for the GC as he's not too far back yet.

Would be better if he just loses time on purpose and infiltrates breakaways. Could see him winning 2 more stages that way, especially given that nobody seems interested in chasing breakaways

Yates wil do better on GC in this Vuelta than Chaves

HelloDolly said:
PremierAndrew said:
DBotero said:
Decent ride today for S.Yates.Maybe Orica should keep him in reserve for the GC as he's not too far back yet.

Would be better if he just loses time on purpose and infiltrates breakaways. Could see him winning 2 more stages that way, especially given that nobody seems interested in chasing breakaways

Yates wil do better on GC in this Vuelta than Chaves

A big surprise if S.Yates does better than Chavez on GC - Though he should be kept in reserve.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

PremierAndrew said:
I'd go as far as to say Yates should be Orica leader now. Chaves always fades badly last week, and Simon is only a minute behind, despite working a lot for Chaves
Not sure I agree Simon hasn't shown he can do it over 3 weeks constantly (yes I know he was strong on the Alpe last year but different circumstance), IMO just protect them both and let them do what they can on the final climb neither should wait for the other

Re:

yaco said:
Things will remain the same for the rest of the Vuelta - The long game is getting S.Yates to Giro 2017 in good shape.

The long game is for you to stop posting like a 10 year old fantasising that you have inside information.

There's no shame in it - when I was your age, I thought I was training for the junior Tour de France. But if you could stop posting your opinion as if it were inside information, that would be great.

Re: Re:

Ramon Koran said:
PremierAndrew said:
I'd go as far as to say Yates should be Orica leader now. Chaves always fades badly last week, and Simon is only a minute behind, despite working a lot for Chaves
Not sure I agree Simon hasn't shown he can do it over 3 weeks constantly (yes I know he was strong on the Alpe last year but different circumstance), IMO just protect them both and let them do what they can on the final climb neither should wait for the other

Adma hadn't shown much until he nearly podiumed at the Tour and lets face it there are as good as each other and as competitive

Yates in interview says he is there for Chaves but i think he is the stoger climber and I think Chaves is only better on the short explosive climbs (if even that) and will fade as race goes on ....Remember the level at the Giro was below what it was at the Tour or is at this Vuelta

Re: Re:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
yaco said:
Things will remain the same for the rest of the Vuelta - The long game is getting S.Yates to Giro 2017 in good shape.

The long game is for you to stop posting like a 10 year old fantasising that you have inside information.

There's no shame in it - when I was your age, I thought I was training for the junior Tour de France. But if you could stop posting your opinion as if it were inside information, that would be great.

I post a little bit of inside information that I get from time to time - Of course the best laid plans change depending on circumstances - As it stands now. Chavez is the leader in the Vuelta,just like Froome is the leader of Sky at the Vuelta Of course Chavez or Froome could blow up tomorrow or could crash - Simon is doing a sterling job and should be congratulated on his performance so far - The long game is to get Simon to lead a GT in 2017 in an interrupted season.

I reckon I'd go better if I posted willy nilly about races which I don't watch like about half this forum - And this doesn't just happen on cycling forums - It's one of the bizarre things about forums.

Yates is the better climber in this Vuelta ...at least Orica should let him ride his own race
Chaves has GT in his legs and at his age I think he will fade ...I think Yates, Scarponi , Sanchez can improve GC ..

Fitght for third palce on podium and top 5 is wide open ...with Yates a good bet

Talansky , DeLa Cruz, Formolo, Moreno,Pardilla, JC Peraud will fight for top 10 spot

Good ride by S.Yates today and so far in the Vuelta - Think the remaining mountain stages better suit his characteristics and he is every chance to keep a top 10 place in GC - The key will be the ITT which is not his strong suit, though he is a bit better at this discipline than Chavez and his brother -Yates is riding a better than I expected.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Are there inflatable banners at La Vuelta? You know what they say about twins. Not that I'd have any wish for it to happen. Good ride by Simon. He could have been even better if not working for Chaves here and there. These two are really likeable guys. For me Simon has edge on Chaves in that matter so its clear who to cheer for.