• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel Evans - Whining little girl or Hyper GT Contender - Discuss

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sienna said:
If you're talking about whining *****es you can't really go past Cancellara.:D

I second that. It still irks me a little to think of that second stage of the tdf this year. What an exciting end to that stage (and more exciting start to the tour) we could have had with a lead pack of about 15 (including Evans, Kloden, Rogers) being chased by a pack of about 30 (including most of the GC guys) about 2 minutes behind, then the Schleck's chasing about another 2 minutes back. A great 20-30 km's it would have been. And maybe the lead pack would have caught Chauvennel? But because of Cancerella we'll never know.

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Only cos nobody would actually listen to Evans if he tried to pull such a stunt.

Im pretty sure they wouldnt listen to Fabien any other time either , it was more about the fact he was the Maillot Jaune.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Cadel has a few flaws.

1. Only child = sooks a lot if he doesnt get his way.

2. Does not have the natural body type to be a good climber.

3. Cant ride tempo, only big gears.

4. Comes from Australia where there is only one hill.

5. Has woeful competition home in Australia.

6. Has been riding against drug cheats all his pro road career.

7. Has had more than his share of falls at the worst possible time.

Can anyone tell me why we have not seen a scan/xray of this so called broken elbow?

Despite all of the above, I still love him.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
mickkk said:
Cadel has a few flaws.

1. Only child = sooks a lot if he doesnt get his way.

2. Does not have the natural body type to be a good climber.

3. Cant ride tempo, only big gears.

4. Comes from Australia where there is only one hill.

5. Has woeful competition home in Australia.

6. Has been riding against drug cheats all his pro road career.

7. Has had more than his share of falls at the worst possible time.

Can anyone tell me why we have not seen a scan/xray of this so called broken elbow?

Despite all of the above, I still love him.

1. You don't have to be an only child to be a sook and I doubt he was a sook especially with his background and the demographic of people that he lived with, I doubt he was a sook.
2. Well I don't nessercarily agree with that.
3. Can't ride tempo???? Please explain.
4. One hill in Aus? You obviously either are an inhabitant of australia who does not get out much or a non australian human.
5. You could make a reasonable arguement for that but I think atm there are plenty of high quality talent coming through.
6. Most likely true.
7. True and bad luck.

btw, due to his injury he won't be competing in the races in canada and will do some small races in holland and belgium pre worlds.

Dekker T and ak-zaaf will be able to go out and watch cadel. They must make up for me not being there by cheering 100x louder than they usually would.