• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel's destintation...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where will Cadel be in 2010?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
What's your source for the amount on his contract at S/L?
Can i change my prediction for what team he is going to - well it's cervelo. just my opinion.

The eurosport commentators were discussing known salaries a while ago. So, sorry, can't link you. Wish I could, since there's quite a few they mentioned that I can't remember :(

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Blackcat reasoning from my experience makes more sense than aussiecyclefans. Cadel loves the dollars. Sixty minutes did a piece in 2007 and interviewed Rogers and Evans. Rogers showed Liz Hayes his wife and kids in a small restaurant and that was it. A humble approach. Cadel flaunted the fancy car and credentials. Too totally opposite perspectives and attitudes contrast together. Left me thinking Cadel loved money, perhaps more so than winning, after all, Rogers showed what was most precious to him, his family, Cadel showed his Lotus. I read something of this, others may not, but it was revealing of the character of both men and how they portray themselves to the world.
Should read How the media portrays them to the world.
You are a media junkie aren't you. This is the interview line 60 minutes requested. Yes he likes his cars but Chiara is still the number one in his life.

Not humble, blahhh... couldn't be further from the truth; he lives in a very small apartment and they are one of the happiest couples you will ever find. Their home is very simple in Switzerland and Australia and they support the local community just as much as any local. Meet the guy, talk to him and you will see how wrong you are.;)

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
Should read How the media portrays them to the world.
You are a media junkie aren't you. This is the interview line 60 minutes requested. Yes he likes his cars but Chiara is still the number one in his life.

Not humble, blahhh... couldn't be further from the truth; he lives in a very small apartment and they are one of the happiest couples you will ever find. Their home is very simple in Switzerland and Australia and they support the local community just as much as any local. Meet the guy, talk to him and you will see how wrong you are.;)

Where Cadel goes will answer the question
A) is it cashing in on the WC Jersey or B) Going to a team that has a genuine hope of supporting a shot at the overall to the GC.

Garmin would be the best choice if Evans wants to win a GT. Neither Vande Velde nor Wiggins are the same caliber as Evans. An English speaking leader is good for the team, and Vaughters would put Evans through some PR training.

But, judging by the career decisions Evans has made in the past, he will go somewhere regardless of whether or not they can support him. I have a sneaking suspicion Evans move is driven by a breakdown in his relationship with Lotto instead of the desire to reposition himself for success on the road.

Personally, I would like to see him go to Lampre and target the Giro. Lampre was about to splash some major cash on Di Luca, so they might have the money.

Going to a non-Pro Tour team seems rather insane for a GT rider, which means he will probably go to one.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Where Cadel goes will answer the question
A) is it cashing in on the WC Jersey or B) Going to a team that has a genuine hope of supporting a shot at the overall to the GC.
They are very happy with the new team.;)

A

Anonymous

powderpuff said:
They are very happy with the new team.;)

You seem to be very confident that you know where Cadel is going... Or should I say, you know where YOU are going next year! You are CadelOfficial aren't you??

Let's see. If he's happy with the new team, to me that suggests he does not have to contend with a sprinter. It also suggests he gets along with the riders, which in turn suggests an english-speaking dominant team. It also suggests they are happy with the management. Finally, it suggests he is also happy with his role as a GC leader

:eek: ---------------->>>>> OMG - its RADIOSHACK!!!!

Cadel has repeatedly said in the last week that he wants to win the Tour, correct? But he never said anything about winning the tour in 2010.... He said he has 3-4 good tours left in him.. Let's think, who has one tour left in them, and who needs a GT leader when the great one (LA :p) retires??....

I'm changing my vote to RADIOSHACK and CADEL FOR 2011 TOUR DE FRANCE (and a 2010 TDF decoy rider)...

Rides the Giro this year (and he "may as well win" ;) ) supports the 4-pronged attack to destroy his nemesis (Albert) in the TDF and then in 2011 shares leadership with Levi (assuming both LA and AK retire).. He will be reunited with his friend Chris Horner and will finally be in a team that has experience winning GTs...

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
Dull..................If you suspect (or know) anything why not just say it instead of posting BS?
If you know anything about UCI regulations it is a big no-no to mention any team names until all paperwork is completed. Why tell, it;would spoil the fun of everyone guessing. I don't post BS.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:
If you know anything about UCI regulations it is a big no-no to mention any team names until all paperwork is completed. Why tell, it;would spoil the fun of everyone guessing. I don't post BS.

If you know anything about the current rider transfer market ( and maybe you do, who knows?) you would know that it happens all the time. You are also pretty anonymous here and few would believe you anyway.

So I'll stick with my original call.......of BS.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
powderpuff said:

Love it!

I haven't played a game of "I know something you don't know" for ages! :D

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Mountain Goat said:
You seem to be very confident that you know where Cadel is going... Or should I say, you know where YOU are going next year! You are CadelOfficial aren't you??
No, CadelOfficial is all Cadel, and i'm not him. Lets say this hasn't been an overnight decision.

A

Anonymous

powderpuff said:
No, CadelOfficial is all Cadel, and i'm not him. Lets say this hasn't been an overnight decision.

Thanks Cadel... ;)... I'm on to you. How's the book signing been going?

You stated in another thread which teams you are NOT going to, maybe you could expand that list and dispell the rubbish about BMC being a likely destination...

Out of the teams that you have stated are not on the list, and you say YOU are happy with your new destination suggests Radio to me.. All other teams have sprinters, and the teams that don't have sprinters you already dismissed.

Radio will provide you with a future beyond 2010, that is solely GC based... Good choice Cadel;)

A

Anonymous

issoisso said:
Cuddles has scheduled a press conference for later today, so we'll probably know before the end of the day

It's 9:10pm Melbourne time, so he's got 3 hours... Interested to find out tho

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Mountain Goat said:
Thanks Cadel... ;)... I'm on to you. How's the book signing been going?

You stated in another thread which teams you are NOT going to, maybe you could expand that list and dispell the rubbish about BMC being a likely destination...
Has PowderPuff had insider information about CE in the past? No offense to PP if he does know something, but the number of people claiming insider information on the internet probably outnumbers the number of actual insiders by a significant ratio.

ETA: Of cause you could just be janking PP's chain, in which case I fail at detecting sarcasm.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
You are also pretty anonymous here and few would believe you anyway.
So I'll stick with my original call.......of BS.
What... you don't believe my avatar is my real picture. Anonymous in a forum, what a novel idea. That's why we are all legends in our own lunch hour in here. We can bag or praise anyone without fear; for all I know you could be a 6 foot 4 transvestite named Trixie but enough of your fantasies; just because I won't tell anyone doesn't mean it is BS. Some people have guessed the right team and some have not but Cadel will tell all when he gets the OK.

Sorry it won't be through this forum.;)

A

Anonymous

Cerberus said:
Has PowderPuff had insider information about CE in the past? No offense to PP if he does know something, but the number of people claiming insider information on the internet probably outnumbers the number of actual insiders by a significant ratio.

No idea. He keeps throwing out hints, so I'm just messing around really

Actually, I'm best friends with Levi Leipheimer, and he told me that CE is going to Radio. He said that Lance is actually targeting Paris-Roubaix, Flanders and Milan-SanRemo, plus he's trying to get a sprint train going to win the worlds in Geelong, so that's why they signed Evans for GC. ... :p;)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Mountain Goat said:
No idea. He keeps throwing out hints, so I'm just messing around really

Actually, I'm best friends with Levi Leipheimer, and he told me that CE is going to Radio. He said that Lance is actually targeting Paris-Roubaix, Flanders and Milan-SanRemo, plus he's trying to get a sprint train going to win the worlds in Geelong, so that's why they signed Evans for GC. ... :p;)

But what if you are right and Cadel is going to the shack? lol :p

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
+1
Blackcat, if it was about money then Cadel would not be leaving. Could BMC pay cadel more than 2 million dollars? I don't think so. My **** knows more than you. hardly anyone would seriously think he was going to bmc. they won't ride the tour and couldn't support him to win any race he targets. S/L would have a better support crew than them. I know for a fact you are wrong so it doesn't matter.

You've got to admit that by so vehemently denying the BMC rumour and essentially calling the poster of the rumour an ignoramus, you are opening yourself up to look rather silly if he went to BMC.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
cromagnon said:
You've got to admit that by so vehemently denying the BMC rumour and essentially calling the poster of the rumour an ignoramus, you are opening yourself up to look rather silly if he went to BMC.

Hugo Coorevits from Het Nieuwsblad brought the BMC news. Highly respected and well informed journalist.
I wouldn't bet a dollar on any other team right now.