• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cadel's destintation...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where will Cadel be in 2010?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

msjett said:
But what if you are right and Cadel is going to the shack? lol :p

I am right ....... :eek:

I think Radio is a viable option to be honest, but he won't be given leadership until 2011 TDF (so maybe Giro/Vuelta) so it's unlikely. Levi might be lying to me, he does that a bit, he know's i'm gullible :p

The CN article seems to be pretty interesting, but it is a huge gamble going to BMC. I guess if he did go there, it all but ensures a TDF invite for them. I mean, with an Ex-WC, a current WC and a lance-loving-columbian-american that has been riding the TDF since he was 13, it makes the gamble very interesting. For the record, personally, I'm yet to be convinced that its BMC becoz from domestique perspective, he had better climbers at Omega

It's also interesting in the CN article that cadel is 34 years old:rolleyes:... actually, the interesting part is that they will look for a replacement - all that rubbish about Jurgen VDB being the next belgian GT winner by the CEO must have gone down the drain

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
+1
Blackcat, if it was about money then Cadel would not be leaving. Could BMC pay cadel more than 2 million dollars? I don't think so. My **** knows more than you. hardly anyone would seriously think he was going to bmc. they won't ride the tour and couldn't support him to win any race he targets. S/L would have a better support crew than them. I know for a fact you are wrong so it doesn't matter.

to be fair, lotto have already said its about the money... now we just wait for cadel to prove its just about the money...

this one is ALL about the money.. hes world champ and thinks he deserves to be paid for it.. personally i dont think you should get more money for winning one race..

A

Anonymous

cromagnon said:
You've got to admit that by so vehemently denying the BMC rumour and essentially calling the poster of the rumour an ignoramus, you are opening yourself up to look rather silly if he went to BMC.

i like aussie but i think shes said a couple of daft things in this thread.. the bmc link was posted very early in the convo and she chose to ignore it... rose tinted specs out again..

i feel a lot happier waking up today to the bmc news over the sky rumours.. :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
personally i dont think you should get more money for winning one race..

I think you should. It's cycling at it's finest. Win one race or show promise one season and you can last a career on that.
A team that signs the world champ will want some extra publicity shots, signed jerseys etc. If non-pro tour it will also buy them loads of invites.
You should get paid for that.

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
I think you should. It's cycling at it's finest. Win one race or show promise one season and you can last a career on that.
A team that signs the world champ will want some extra publicity shots, signed jerseys etc. If non-pro tour it will also buy them loads of invites.

i will wet myself if he goes to bmc and they dont get a tour invite.. :D

and with cervelo, and TWO french teams dropping down to pro-continental, i dont think the rainbow jersey guarantees anything..

A

Anonymous

powderpuff said:
Ask him yourself; go to the airport before he leaves to Adelaide in the morning, you will have to be early:D.

hahaha, you must be loving this.. Good strategy of yours PP, you've played it well

I have friends in Radelaide (as it should be known - becoz it's Rad) so I'll get them to ride their BMC's onto the airstrip and parade around when he walks off the plane (Adelaide airport you still get off the plane on the tarmac right?)

PP, from an observers perspective, do you think Cadel can win a grand tour with his new team?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:

rings should not get you more. 1. They are won in national colours, so the direct publicity is less for Lotto. 2. The rider transfer market is NOT fluid or perfect and liquid, however, most riders are paid on their relative standing in the peloton, their class for the next season, what wins and publicity they will bring in, as helpers or leaders. There are certain exceptions, a few younger riders will be paid on potential alone, or riders like Vandenbroucke with manifest class will get 6 years hence on reputation alone.

In this case, BMC like Cervelo with Hushovd and Sastre, need one big more figurehead, to command invites to all races they want entry to.

Evans will get them entry to any race when he lines up alongside Hincapie and Ballan.

The media function for a team like Cervelo will work out to about 90% from July@Tour. If it only costs 20% of the budget, to guarantee an invite to the Tour, you are insuring your budget capitalisation is at the most potent ratio. Assume less 20% you have no Tour invite, you have 90% less media.

So Evans can hold out, and leverage the Tour invite for more money for this team or another team on the bubble. A team like Sky or Radio Shack have no need for Evans.

Everyone knows Evans wont be winning the Tour with this route, as he cannot dominate the the mtn finishes.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Mountain Goat said:
hahaha, you must be loving this.. Good strategy of yours PP, you've played it well

PP, from an observers perspective, do you think Cadel can win a grand tour with his new team?
Can't say...:rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i will wet myself if he goes to bmc and they dont get a tour invite.. :D

and with cervelo, and TWO french teams dropping down to pro-continental, i dont think the rainbow jersey guarantees anything..
arguably Hincapie is a bigger name and more respected in the peloton.

A

Anonymous

blackcat said:
In this case, BMC like Cervelo with Hushovd and Sastre, need one big more figurehead, to command invites to all races they want entry to..

as i say, with two french teams now pro-cont, and cervelo as well, it isnt automatic that bmc will get a tour invite..

if they do, at whos expense?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
gazzetta also named bmc and no other teams - w/o any references to belgian media as if they know too.

they say he was paid 1.5 million euros at lotto and is moving to exploit his new value. sounds cut and dry.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
as i say, with two french teams now pro-cont, and cervelo as well, it isnt automatic that bmc will get a tour invite..

We know Footon won't get a ride, and if Contador is not with Astana, then they probably won't get invited. Vacansoleil will be pushing for a spot as well.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

take out Fuji and consider the top continental teams and you have 21 total teams that are "shoo ins" with every other team being at a considerably lower level.

Since there are usually 21 invites dispensed....it seems to me that the wild card decision will be easier than ever.

A

Anonymous

python said:
gazzetta also named bmc and no other teams - w/o any references to belgian media as if they know too.

they say he was paid 1.5 million euros at lotto and is moving to exploit his new value. sounds cut and dry.

its all about the money...
money.jpg

a million pounds a year obviously isnt enough..

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
From Velonation

Evans to BMC
By Bjorn Haake at 5:19 AM EST

The surprise departure by Cadel Evans from Silence-Lotto was announced yesterday. Today it was revealed that he will be riding for BMC in the 2010 season.

BMC has already hired Alessandro Ballan, George Hincapie, Marcus Burghardt and Karsten Kroon. The hiring of Evans, communicated on Het Nieuwsblad, will give the US team a good shot at a Tour de France start.

Evans, who is back in Australia for the off-season, has not made an announcement himself yet. Details of how long the contract is for and if he has already signed yet are not known.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

I think the Tour can put on one more team, but Skil can go, and Fuji-Servetto wont be back. Astana are precarious. I assume Contador will have a contract that allows him a release if no Tour invite.

Astana should have voided their contract with Contador when they failed to pay wages for two months this season.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Agritubel are dead too.

ASO already indicated they would have the best teams. Any squad with those BMC 5 will be better than most of the squads in the Tour as it stands.

A

Anonymous

well at least announcing it all on a saturday hes given himself plenty of monday morning press coverage, and if he plays it right a whole week of press and newspaper coverage..

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Bah!:confused:

I'm sticking with my initial guess Columbia. I can't argument for it. You guys have me well beat in knowledge of the teams but I made my guess ans I'm sticking with it. I just think their GC side looks a bit weak for a team with such ambitions...