• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cancellara

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Benotti69 said:
for those too lazy to copy and past :D

Thanks Netserk.:)

Being from the Netherlands I already saw that, but the thing I was wondering is: when they switch on the little motor in the frame you can hear (at least TV) a distinct humming sound from that little electro engine. Someone would notice when you are riding behind or alongside Cancellara if and when he switched that on. Wouldn't Boonen and others have noticed?

Given the furore that swept the www a few years back when these accusations were first made and given that both Boogerd and Rasmussen were adamant they would never use it if they would have had the opportunity, me thinks that other riders would have jumped on that bandwagon at the first opportunity.

GJB123 said:
Being from the Netherlands I already saw that, but the thing I was wondering is: when they switch on the little motor in the frame you can hear (at least TV) a distinct humming sound from that little electro engine. Someone would notice when you are riding behind or alongside Cancellara if and when he switched that on. Wouldn't Boonen and others have noticed?
It would easily be drowned out by the crowd up those hills, don't you think? Not that it would be easy to hear when you are working your *** off on top of a bike anyway.

An italian video linked here earlier hid the battery in a bottle. I didn't catch what they did here, but it seemed better at least. In any case this shows that it isn't just fantasy -- It's doable.

Rasmussen says he wouldn't do it. Sure. But I think most dopers didn't see themselves doping either at a very early point in their career.

Tyler'sTwin said:
I'm not sure. Carlos Barredo claimed Hushovd is "Tor", but it looks like Tor isn't even a cyclist.
Super late to this post, but...

Barredo didn't claim Hushovd was "Tor" of OP fame. He simply addressed him as "Tor" instead of "Thor". Taking into account that both are pronounced the same, Barredo's apparent intellectual level and his general pro-omertà stance, I find it a lot more likely that he simply made a spelling mistake.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
GJB123 said:

Given the furore that swept the www a few years back when these accusations were first made and given that both Boogerd and Rasmussen were adamant they would never use it if they would have had the opportunity, me thinks that other riders would have jumped on that bandwagon at the first opportunity.

The video demonstrated 1 motor. How many types are there?

Canc changed his bike 3 times in that race, a lot.

That others who used PEDs wouldn't use a motor, well i dont believe that.

Netserk said:
Good thing then that no one has claimed that they proved anything ;)

True, but people do post them as if one snapshot microsecond in time is evidence of something, and then speculation abounds.

I do a lot of photography. I can take 20 shots of a person in a single day and given changing light and position, some shots make them look 20 pounds heavier than others. It's the height of speculation to make anything of these photos.

Now if there is a body of photography from one time, and a body of photography from another, it might give some insight to compare them. But one shot (an action shot no less) versus another? As thin as could be. Pun intended.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Super late to this post, but...

Barredo didn't claim Hushovd was "Tor" of OP fame. He simply addressed him as "Tor" instead of "Thor". Taking into account that both are pronounced the same, Barredo's apparent intellectual level and his general pro-omertà stance, I find it a lot more likely that he simply made a spelling mistake.

But he literally typed "Tor" with the quotation marks. It's not normal to put someone's name in quotation marks.

Carlos Barredo said:
Enhorabuena a "Tor"...

https://twitter.com/CARLOSBARREDO/status/26244734786

I didnt really know where to put this, so mods feel free.

However the withdrawing of himself, I dont know, it doesnt sit easy with me.

He has had an early start of the seasons due to his classics campaign and he also has another main goal at the WC.

But, I dont know, I dont like it.

Anyone else?

roundabout said:
I am surprised that he actually started the Tour this year.

But having started, I did think that he would do all the stages before the Alps.

Then again, what exactly are you implying anyway?

I dont know what doesnt sit right. Thats why I didnt know where to put it.

Is he injured? I get the feeling we are not getting the full story for some reason.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
animepaper.net_picture_standard_video_games_mario_bros_luigi_170555_shigenon56_preview-3bf870d5-450-x-450.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Merged your thread MartinGT with an existing Cance thread.

I'd say Scott SoCal has it exactly right. Was really only here for stage 5, not much else to do now. Aside from maybe go for a few sprinter stages and get top 10. can't beat Martin in the TT (too hilly). Might as well leave and get some rest before doing some of the Vuelta to prepare for worlds.

Afrank said:
Merged your thread MartinGT with an existing Cance thread.

I'd say Scott SoCal has it exactly right. Was really only here for stage 5, not much else to do now. Aside from maybe go for a few sprinter stages and get top 10. can't beat Martin in the TT (too hilly). Might as well leave and get some rest before doing some of the Vuelta to prepare for worlds.

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24063

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Trek don't want any doping on the team because of fallout over he who shall not be named.

Cancellara has discovered he can't actually complete a Grand Tour clean.

End of discussion.

:D

TRENDING THREADS