• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 92 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mayomaniac said:
shalgo said:
gospina said:
Not bad! finished just 4 minutes down and in the same group as Sagan! :)
Juraj Sagan
And guys like Sieberg and Boy Van Poppel, for someone like him that was actually a somewhat decent performance in a cobbled one day race, at least he tried.
I agree, it actually wasn't a bad ride at all. I was just setting the record straight. (Although I know that gospina knew it was Juraj and was just having a little joke).

Re: Re:

Irondan said:
portugal11 said:
SafeBet said:
Bananito before the race:
10i5p9l.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek: he is so big!!! This picture show me why we get so happy when he finishes a race
This pic makes me feel much better about myself! :D

I think surprised is more what we feel like when he finishes a race...

Even the fans look nonplussed !

shalgo said:
Mayomaniac said:
shalgo said:
gospina said:
Not bad! finished just 4 minutes down and in the same group as Sagan! :)
Juraj Sagan
And guys like Sieberg and Boy Van Poppel, for someone like him that was actually a somewhat decent performance in a cobbled one day race, at least he tried.
I agree, it actually wasn't a bad ride at all. I was just setting the record straight. (Although I know that gospina knew it was Juraj and was just having a little joke).

shhh... I'm trying to help la ronca's confidence here ;)

Looking lean, for him at least. Difficult to see what his role could be in the Ardennes. On a really good day I guess he has shown he is capable of top 10 - but Movistar already have Valverde and Moreno who are capable of winning. They will probably need the rest of the team to be reliably capable of pulling on the front, rather than someone as inconsistent as Betancur.

DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
Didn't finish today. He has DNF'd the more important races now. No fitness ATM.
He rode fairly well and didn't get dropped out of the main peloton until 39k something to go.
If thats the case, good.

He should ride Indurain, Sarthe and Amorebieta and then be judged whether he is of any use in the Ardennes/Giro or whatever. Valverde will need all the help he can with Visconti and Ion out in the Ardennes. Moreno isn't of much help.

DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
Didn't finish today. He has DNF'd the more important races now. No fitness ATM.
He rode fairly well and didn't get dropped out of the main peloton until 39k something to go.
If I remember correctly, it was way earlier. It didn't look good to be honest, but a bit earlier he was involved in a crash so maybe he was affected by that.

TRENDING THREADS