• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
What is weird about it is that lance armstrong is a disgraced name in the sport because it turned out the clinic was right. It's emerged that he was a evil bully and therefore not a good role model for anyone. Being a cyclist in Europe the last few years, betancur knows this but seems to not care, continuing to hold as his hero a bad person. Not to mention that Armstrong cheated other cyclist so it suggests maybe Betancur doesn't think cheating is wrong.

The guy dealt with people like Masciarellis and has Bartoli for a coach.

Duh.

The Hitch said:
What is weird about it is that lance armstrong is a disgraced name in the sport because it turned out the clinic was right. It's emerged that he was a evil bully and therefore not a good role model for anyone. Being a cyclist in Europe the last few years, betancur knows this but seems to not care, continuing to hold as his hero a bad person. Not to mention that Armstrong cheated other cyclist so it suggests maybe Betancur doesn't think cheating is wrong.
Believe it or not there was little they could know abut big names in Colombia at that time. I don't think I am surprised either.

Hitch, you want to know something, ask any Colombian you know about the Lance Armstrong bullying, not the doping, and there is so little they would tell you about it if anything. The doping, maybe they had a different perspective of that era.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
and who was, in that period?:confused:
It doesnt suggest anything,its your fancy

Sure, all the top guys were doping, but please name one other top cyclist from that era that was as much of a bully as Armstrong was.

Knowing everything about Armstrong and his bullying that we now know is 100% true, as well as knowing of all the damage he's done to cycling as a whole, I find it difficult to see how anybody can still hold him in high esteem.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
Ullrich wasn't an evil bully either.

Afrank said:
Sure, all the top guys were doping, but please name one other top cyclist from that era that was as much of a bully as Armstrong was.

Knowing everything about Armstrong and his bullying that we now know is 100% true, as well as knowing of all the damage he's done to cycling as a whole, I find it difficult to see how anybody can still hold him in high esteem.

Ulrich,Pantani,Kloden,Basso ,Beloki,Vinokurov,Hamilton,Mayo bla bla etc. etc,.
For me,imo, there is not a difference between these guys and Armstrong.Some of them just werent caught.Thats my opinion.Thats why Armstrong is the same bully as them.They represent the worst era of cycling,all of them.Simple as that for me.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Ulrich,Pantani,Kloden,Basso ,Beloki,Vinokurov,Hamilton,Mayo bla bla etc. etc,.
For me,imo, there is not a difference between these guys and Armstrong.Some of them just werent caught.Thats my opinion.Thats why Armstrong is the same bully as them.They represent the worst era of cycling,all of them.Simple as that for me.

armstrong is a pure evil human being and has all the characteristics of a pscyhopath, those other guys you named are not

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
armstrong is a pure evil human being and has all the characteristics of a pscyhopath, those other guys you named are not

Thats possible but I cant judge him like that coz I have less information than you obviously.

Talk about class _O_

huge-cat.jpg

TRENDING THREADS