• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Arnout said:
^^ Can you translate? Seems like stupid VISA stuff again? I'm getting so sick and tired of that ****.

I'll give you the short version: Betancur just fvcked up his participation in the Tour because he did not upgrade his work visa on time so he has to apply & do the whole goddamn process again-plus he was asked to be in Europe at certain date to at least secure his ToS spot. Apart from that, it appears his shape still "round"-not sharp.....

sad indeed:( As Escarabajo pointed out- what a waste of talent due to lack of self commitment & discipline....

here is a link from the Colombian reporters: http://revistamundociclistico.com/r...-betancur-con-dificultades-para-correrlo.html

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
BpwF4SmCEAAmEcB.jpg

This is Betancur on 6 june. Not even in his AG2R kit.

https://twitter.com/YohannLossouarn

Arnout said:
^^ Can you translate? Seems like stupid VISA stuff again? I'm getting so sick and tired of that ****.

He had residency in France and he let it expire...all he had to do is show up in the country before the expiration date. He stated that he never got the tickets delivered....we all know that this is bull, as tickets can be e-mailed, printed, etc..
He says he is fatigued, but then you see him riding around his bike on a different kit. We all know the rules and the respect you give a team kit. You always use it, until the end of the year, even if you sign for another team. This is just insulting at this point. Look at Arredondo, from same town, same area. He works really hard, and gets rewarded by it. The main guys at Trek congratulated him (Cancellara, Jens, Shlecks) publicly. He gets a contract extension. Not Carlos. Wasted talent. At this point, he will try to break his contract and hope someone else gets him. Doubt any WT team will pick him up (maybe Lampre?). He will have to fix his reputation at this point.

GuyIncognito said:
And that the one time they managed to get him on the phone he said he was too tired to come race in europe

... Or too "hung over" to do so:D

then is the excuse of "not receiving the plane tickets" and be bothered by spending the money from his own pocket to get them.....

that s!t ain't right!!:mad:

I mean- I really like the fat cat a lot- like his riding style & skills, but this sh!it better stops right away if he wants a career as a Pro-Cyclist -better off start behaving & honoring the commitments inherited to the profession - otherwise just go back to a Pro-Conti team in Italy and get stuck there for life.... :mad:

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
hfer07 said:
I mean- I really like the fat cat a lot- like his riding style & skills, but this sh!it better stops right away if he wants a career as a Pro-Cyclist -better off start behaving & honoring the commitments inherited to the profession - otherwise just go back to a Pro-Conti team in Italy and get stuck there for life.... :mad:

Absolutely. I bet Gianni Savio already has his number.

I doubt very much these pictures are recent. They were posted n Facebook last week but it seems that they were taken long time ago.
In some of the pics Arredondo appears much younger and less tanned than during the reception he was given.

slosada said:
I doubt very much these pictures are recent. They were posted n Facebook last week but it seems that they were taken long time ago.
In some of the pics Arredondo appears much younger and less tanned than during the reception he was given.

Good catch! I didn't even think of that. Took the timestamp as legit.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...100001994258571&type=1&theater&_fb_noscript=1

Here are both Betancur in that kit and Arredondo.

And please note that I'm not excusing Betancur for his unprofessional behavior. He's being paid for cycling and has a boss and an employer (and sponsors) who should be respected.

I agree that Carlos might have a similar talent to Quintana or Uran, but he needs counseling. Not just for his weight or use of spare time, but also during races he losses concentration and gets back in the peloton when he should be in front (see Paris-Nice) or does bad-timed attacks.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
gospina said:
He had residency in France and he let it expire...all he had to do is show up in the country before the expiration date. He stated that he never got the tickets delivered....we all know that this is bull, as tickets can be e-mailed, printed, etc..
He says he is fatigued, but then you see him riding around his bike on a different kit. We all know the rules and the respect you give a team kit. You always use it, until the end of the year, even if you sign for another team. This is just insulting at this point. Look at Arredondo, from same town, same area. He works really hard, and gets rewarded by it. The main guys at Trek congratulated him (Cancellara, Jens, Shlecks) publicly. He gets a contract extension. Not Carlos. Wasted talent. At this point, he will try to break his contract and hope someone else gets him. Doubt any WT team will pick him up (maybe Lampre?). He will have to fix his reputation at this point.

Looks like a columbian version of Andy :D In different ways, but both are a wasted talent.

Maybe he is not ready to spend lot of time away from his family. In that case the bast way is to make him focus on just one part of the season like one of the GTs. From last year he was good at the Giro but in the Vuelta he was not upto the mark. Dividing the season into 2 parts seems to be useless for him.

TRENDING THREADS