• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
tristecsinamigos said:
that's just a silly stereotype.

any individual from these countries (Mediterranean and LatAm) works way more hours/year than Northen European people. Even foreign people visiting Bogotá has noticed how hard people work here: http://bananaskinflipflops.com/2013/05/30/lazy-latinos-not-if-theyre-running-on-three-hours-sleep/
of course Im talking about stereotypes,avarage behaviour etc
We cant talk specific regions ,thats too complicated.and we dont know details for it.
Yes,of course ;). Its possible I dont know distrito capital part of colombia.

If Rigo is more of a positive influence to La Ronca, than the opposite, then it's a good deal.

On other aspects some of you are making fun, some others are replying... So it's better to straighten things up:
- Donkey's stuff does happen in some rural areas in the Caribbean region. It's not well regarded even Atlantic urban areas, but it helps bugging the "Costeños": They go ballistic. The only pro from the region is Serpa.
- Legal work week is 48 hrs in Colombia (40hrs in North America, 36-38 in some European countries). White collars don't have paid overtime (I left the country after getting used to 55hours/wk and 24x365 on-call duty). And yes, we have reputation of hard workers, mostly because the relationship employer-employee is very unbalanced due to unemployment.
- Latin value scales put happiness on top, not success, in fact some sort of religious concepts classify the money as evil. And yes, it creates double standards where you want to make more money, and you can criticize those who make even more... It also allows for spending beyond the limits, because you want to be happy.

slosada said:
If Rigo is more of a positive influence to La Ronca, than the opposite, then it's a good deal.

On other aspects some of you are making fun, some others are replying... So it's better to straighten things up:
- Donkey's stuff does happen in some rural areas in the Caribbean region. It's not well regarded even Atlantic urban areas, but it helps bugging the "Costeños": They go ballistic. The only pro from the region is Serpa.
- Legal work week is 48 hrs in Colombia (40hrs in North America, 36-38 in some European countries). White collars don't have paid overtime (I left the country after getting used to 55hours/wk and 24x365 on-call duty). And yes, we have reputation of hard workers, mostly because the relationship employer-employee is very unbalanced due to unemployment.
- Latin value scales put happiness on top, not success, in fact some sort of religious concepts classify the money as evil. And yes, it creates double standards where you want to make more money, and you can criticize those who make even more... It also allows for spending beyond the limits, because you want to be happy.

I can't relate to your other points, because I have never been or worked in Colombia. But I do think that Rigo could well be a good influence. He is very dedicated to his training. You will see that, if you follow him on social media. He posts stuff of training-rides on a regular basis and was on form every race he took part in this year. The only exception was Tirreno but Kwiatkowski was supposed to be the captain there. Okay that failed, but that is not Uran's fault.

Red Rick said:
That is the most ****ed up thing I'v seen on this forum, it's sick:eek:

Donkey-EDDIE-MURPHY-does-his-best-morning-routine-to-get-Shrek-MIKE-MYERS-to-rise-and-shine-in-DreamWorks-SHREK-THE-THIRD-to-be-released-by-Paramount-Pictures-in-May-2007.-DreamWorks-Animation-S.K.G.-Presents-a-PDIDreamWork-52-650x365.jpg

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It's honestly a disgrace, ok it's funny too but i'm rather disgusted by this.

I wouldn't be surprised though that he wins a stage in the vuelta lol

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Miburo said:

its no disgrace (he just doest take his job too seriously,there are tons of these,usually happier people imo too) he was just havin fun;)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Miburo said:

He won't win a stage ofcourse. Last year he was in the same situation, and only at Beijing he was a little bit in the front.