• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ryo Hazuki said:
if you honeslty think ANY rider just loses 2 kg in 2 weeks of a gt you don't know what you are talking about. even guys like froome easily drop 3-4 kg over an entire gt despite being thin as a stick to start with.

No, I'm sure he lost more than that, especially with the extreme heat (he must have been sweating like a dog :eek:) in the first week, hence why I said 'I don't think he lost MORE than 5kg'.

I'm in trouble finding the rational behind Betacur's selection to the World's team-even when many of the rightful candidates are out due to injury & recovery, it seems stupid to take him to represent the national team well knowing he's useless in his current shape .. I mean.... "a fat, lazy, undisciplined, spoiled brat representing the best of our Country"? :mad:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
I'm in trouble finding the rational behind Betacur's selection to the World's team-even when many of the rightful candidates are out due to injury & recovery, it seems stupid to take him to represent the national team well knowing he's useless in his current shape .. I mean.... "a fat, lazy, undisciplined, spoiled brat representing the best of our Country"? :mad:

last year he wa sone of the best in colombian team still. so that'
s why he gets selected. he finished still in top 30?

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
anyway he is just fat, overweight and out of shape.
i think he does not deserve to be in the columbian team in ponferrada.
they should have selected somebody else , just to give him a lesson

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
proffz said:
anyway he is just fat, overweight and out of shape.
i think he does not deserve to be in the columbian team in ponferrada.
they should have selected somebody else , just to give him a lesson
O

ten characters

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
not important if you are 21st or 178th... unless you are de greef of course :D

But i can't imagine that he will be a serious factor at the worlds.

I looks to me he has to really target a stage this week. Otherwise this Vuelta will be even more worse then last year.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:

I looks to me he has to really target a stage this week. Otherwise this Vuelta will be even more worse then last year.
Yep, its all about beijing :cool::cool:

:D

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:

last years vuelta he sucked in absolutely every stage except one flat stage in final weke. his vuelta last year wasn't better than this one. in both vuelta's we didn't see him

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
last years vuelta he sucked in absolutely every stage except one flat stage in final weke. his vuelta last year wasn't better than this one. in both vuelta's we didn't see him
this,but dont try to prove them otherwise,at least we will bet on him then and win a ****load of money :D

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

More worse in the sense we didn't see him once in a breakaway (yet). Of course both Vuelta's are horrible from his side.

But i think that, based on this Vuelta, he will not play a much bigger role at the Worlds as he did last year.

I think he's got the WC in him.

enhanced-31406-1402068118-19.jpg

Ryo Hazuki said:
how is that going to teach him a lesson? :rolleyes:
To be more disciplined!

Taking him to the worlds is a reward for him, without doing anything of value for the last 6 months or so.

I don't understand why you keep defending him after what he did this year. I understand that he is full of talent but everyone has responsibilities.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts