• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
To be more disciplined!

Taking him to the worlds is a reward for him, without doing anything of value for the last 6 months or so.

I don't understand why you keep defending him after what he did this year. I understand that he is full of talent but everyone has responsibilities.
I'm not defendiung him at all. I'm just saying colombia shou;ld send their strongest team and betancurt is among that. the guy isn't even faced by non-selection for the tour as a sole leader. how do you think he will care for a non-selection of the wc? :rolleyes:

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
I'm not defendiung him at all. I'm just saying colombia shou;ld send their strongest team and betancurt is among that. the guy isn't even faced by non-selection for the tour as a sole leader. how do you think he will care for a non-selection of the wc? :rolleyes:

Maybe the fact the the team wanted him to ride the Tour, with cobbles and a +50km itt, ****ed him of because he wanted to ride the Giro. Maybe that's the reason for him loosing all his motivation, not that he was the hardest worker before but you get the picture.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
BigMac said:
He'd be eating veggies and fruits and nuts if he was on my diet. I'd teach the besterd. :p

Maybe we should start a petition to get veganrob hired as his personal trainer. VR would put some starch in B's backbone!

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
He's saying he's starting to feel good sensations though. He knew he would suffer during the Vuelta (guess he looked in the mirror), but he's aiming to be in competitive form for the WC and he's starting to feel better again :)

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/noticias-ficha.asp?id=75019

Fatancur for WC!
It would be great for fat people around the world. Hopefully Betancur will teach the skinny man a lesson and the skinny man can stop hating on the fatties. Fat power!

Maaaaaaaarten said:
He's saying he's starting to feel good sensations though. He knew he would suffer during the Vuelta (guess he looked in the mirror), but he's aiming to be in competitive form for the WC and he's starting to feel better again :)

Well, yesterday was by far his best result in the Vuelta so far--30 riders actually finished more than two minutes behind him.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mayomaniac said:
Maybe the fact the the team wanted him to ride the Tour, with cobbles and a +50km itt, ****ed him of because he wanted to ride the Giro. Maybe that's the reason for him loosing all his motivation, not that he was the hardest worker before but you get the picture.

he wanted to ride the tour himself :rolleyes:

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he wanted to ride the tour himself :rolleyes:
Really? Wow, then it's even worse than i thought. But AG2R are a joke, after the second half of the 2013 season you'd think that the wouldn't make the same mistake again. If Acqua & Sapone were able to understand how to handle Betancur there is no excuse for a WT team.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Betancur is a joke, not the team. With Peraud and Bardet as leaders there is no need for Betancur to be at the Tour.

Yes, but after 2013 the should know that you can't let him go back to Colombia durning the season, remember what happened last year after the Giro?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd argue the vast amounts of more dedication Bardet possess as opposed to Betancur means he has more potential.

Betancur has more talent, but that's means nothing if he doesn't have the dedication to put it to good use.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
I'd argue the vast amounts of more dedication Bardet possess as opposed to Betancur means he has more potential.

Betancur has more talent, but that's means nothing if he doesn't have the dedication to put it to good use.
Be patient afrank:p

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Photo from today's stage - getting better

bettiniphoto_0188125_1_full_670.jpg

Ryo Hazuki said:

Betancur, the last place at the Vuelta, is among the strongest Colombians?

Sure Betancur's had some results, but right now he's riding like a sack of potatoes. If he does anything remotely competitive at Worlds it would raise serious eyebrows.

Moose McKnuckles said:
Betancur, the last place at the Vuelta, is among the strongest Colombians?

Sure Betancur's had some results, but right now he's riding like a sack of potatoes. If he does anything remotely competitive at Worlds it would raise serious eyebrows.

He got better over time. He was last during the first week quite often. But after the mountains in the second week he lost some pounds. Of course he is still far from his best shape (was he ever?), but it should be enough to be a solid helper for Uran (if fit until then).

TRENDING THREADS