Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Well, his goal, to finish a Vuelta is almost complete. :))) I hope he will race couple of classics before Worlds, if he is not tired.Which I doubt as he probably softpadled last few days.
What are the options between Vuelta and Worlds?

Mar 31, 2010
hrotha said:
How do you prevent him from doing the same? Legally?
I don't know but that's what a good manager is for. corti is a terrible trainer, maager and director but he did manage to "force" duarte to not go back to colombia over the winter but stay in italy the whole time.

Jul 29, 2012
Ryo Hazuki said:
I don't know but that's what a good manager is for. corti is a terrible trainer, maager and director but he did manage to "force" duarte to not go back to colombia over the winter but stay in italy the whole time.
Don't blame it on the manager, betancur is a moron for letting him go like that.

Mar 31, 2010
Miburo said:
Don't blame it on the manager, betancur is a moron for letting him go like that.
that's like saying ballotelli is an idiot. yes he is a complete idiot but because every manager lets him it gets out of control. in the end lavernu is reponsible for sgining betancurt to a multiple year multi million dollar contract. not betancurt and lavenu is responsible for getting back what they invested.

Aug 15, 2012
In all fairness to Betancur, he may be melting down over some personal crisis we may be unaware of. In any event, it's sad to see that kind of talent be wasted. I really do hope he figures things out.

Sep 8, 2009
that's it, i am officially a carlos betancur fanboy

character of frank god vdb, jose rujano combined. ruined talent checked. my boy. vamos bananito 4 life!

Arnout said:
Calling on the cyclingnews weight watchers brigade again:

I think he looks sharp-ish, better than he was this summer. If he grows a beard, he's literally Che Guevara.
Looks in similar shape to last season to be honest, just much older.

And who is that guy standing in the background?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts