• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Erythropoietin said:
I believe/hope that we will see Betancur back in shape winning races this year. At least that's what he has said to the media.

I certainly hope so, but I'm not sure that we can really take his comments as evidence of form. I mean, what's he going to say? "No, I'm planning on showing up way out of condition again and hope to spend the year hanging around the grupetto."

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I think he still needs some time to prepare for the season...
10277494_771675492888403_2989385474986344446_n.jpg

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
markene2 said:
lol :D you forget the weigh gain 4000 though!

290sf9w.png

But all in all, i hope Betancur can have a great season.. I like the guy, and on another note. Kwiat is looking serriously thin there!! :eek:

Even I would look thin standing in the same pic a fatencour!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Mayomaniac said:
Wow, Cavs outfit looks bad. A grey cardigan, grey shorts and those socks...
its really stylish imo,those socks are great matching with that cardigan.
I only hate those glasses

btw I wonder how betancur will cope with tomoroz stage.;)

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
its really stylish imo,those socks are great matching with that cardigan.
I only hate those glasses

btw I wonder how betancur will cope with tomoroz stage.;)

Well, i just dislike the cardigan and shorts combination, but that's just a personal preference.

Zinoviev Letter said:
What? That's just idiocy.

I agree. That performance at FW in 2013 was incredible. I can't believe he held on for 3rd. And then 4th at Liège a few days later. What a shame.

Anyway, here's his schedule:

Tour de San Luis
Tirreno-Adriatico
Volta a Catalunya
Vuelta al Pais Vasco
Tour de Romandie
Giro d'Italia

I did read his schedule without the Ardennes at some point but I thought it was just a mistake. That's very weird in my opinion. I don't think doing the Ardennes will hurt his Giro form too much, and he can produce some great results in the Ardennes. Bad decision imo.