• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
best scenario : bananito will arrive to the giro still overweight and in bad form. he will race an horrible first part of the giro find to find the form.
then he will get better in the last week ( as it happened in the first giro he raced) and podium in the finestre stage, because he is very skilled and has capacity to recover(in the first giro he raced for acqua e sapone he started overweight with bad training but he was 4th in the finestre stage).
anyway a great spoil of talent and class

the worst scenario is : he will arrive to the giro in decent conditions but tired for all the racing days used trying to loose weight, without the advantage of high hematocrit ( no altitude training in colombia since february) . he will be less than average in the first week then progressively fade to finish his season.
anyway a great spoil of talent and class

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Let's hope he can remain his focus after the Giro. Perhaps we can expect some results then from him in the second part of the season.

I don't expect great things in the Giro to be honest.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
if you've seen betancur ride you know he's not getting exhausted. the only thing that can stop betancur now is motivation to keep racing in europe doing bad results until getting into form. to be honest he's holding on better then I expected

Too bad he's not riding the Tour instead of the Giro; he would probably be in great shape by then. I've also been surprised by his obvious progression in the last month, but I fear it won't be enough for the Giro. We'll have a better idea of his current shape after tomorrow's stage.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
DBotero said:
So today he lost 14:02.What's the point in sending him to Giro?They should let him ride le TDF as he wants,as a last chance for him.He might be motivated enough to reach a decent form.
can't believe so much bs written down in a few lines

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
DBotero said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
DBotero said:
So today he lost 14:02.What's the point in sending him to Giro?They should let him ride le TDF as he wants,as a last chance for him.He might be motivated enough to reach a decent form.

Nice try,but you need to try harder :cool:
why would you ever reward an unprofessionall deed? betancur has no right to ride the tour.

Ryo Hazuki said:
DBotero said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
DBotero said:

why would you ever reward an unprofessionall deed? betancur has no right to ride the tour.

It's not as a reward.But why waste a place in the Giro squad with a unmotivated rider,when you can have a determined rider in TDF.The talent is there,but needs some motivation in his case.They could get something from him in exchange for the money they pay him.Or just dump him at the end of the year which i suppose everybody expect.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
DBotero said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
DBotero said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
DBotero said:

It's not as a reward.But why waste a place in the Giro squad with a unmotivated rider,when you can have a determined rider in TDF.The talent is there,but needs some motivation in his case.They could get something from him in exchange for the money they pay him.Or just dump him at the end of the year which i suppose everybody expect.
he will be just as (un)determined for the giro as he would be for the tour

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
DBotero said:
If today doesn't lose 10 minutes on that climb,i start to believe he could actually show something this Giro.

The last 40km after the climb is all downhill so as every "bigger" guy he should have no problem closing the 10min gap on the descent :D

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
this joke is old, too easy milked by every humorless forummember here and not funny at all. betancur is however an excellent descender technically

TRENDING THREADS