• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
they-see-me-agcpt1.jpg

search said:
ILovecycling said:
his wife and son are currently with him in Italy at least, and they also were before/during the Giro.
That contradicts Betancur's tweets by the end of Giro saying he would be back soon.
His pictures on Instagram, and those from people in the same town, including his lil'sister.
Also the reports from AG2R that he went to Colombia and only returned on Friday, 2 days before Pologne started.

Re: Re:

hfer07 said:
classicomano said:
Ryo predicted this, "AG2R shouldnt let him go back to Colombia, he will go out of shape again." Or probably his post went something like: "AG2R are **** morons for letting this fat piece of **** go back to Colombia to fill his gut with burrito's every **** day."

Ryo was right. Ryo is always right.

FYI - Colombia ain't MEXICO, as in burrito ain't Colombian Food AT ALL :mad:
LOL. This made my day!!!!!

If he loves his family so much he should move his fat a$$ to Europe earlier in order to be fit for the GT's. I want to see the millions that Ryo is telling us that he has. LOL. If he is not offered a job in one year he will be begging for work. Hope he knows how to trim roses or paint walls.

slosada said:
search said:
ILovecycling said:
his wife and son are currently with him in Italy at least, and they also were before/during the Giro.
That contradicts Betancur's tweets by the end of Giro saying he would be back soon.
His pictures on Instagram, and those from people in the same town, including his lil'sister.
Also the reports from AG2R that he went to Colombia and only returned on Friday, 2 days before Pologne started.

oh, I'm not saying he was not in Colombia for the past months, of course he was. Just that his family is with him when he is in Europe, which normally should help him. I can't really see what more a team can do for him, they can't bring the whole entourage.

search said:
slosada said:
search said:
ILovecycling said:

oh, I'm not saying he was not in Colombia for the past months, of course he was. Just that his family is with him when he is in Europe, which normally should help him. I can't really see what more a team can do for him, they can't bring the whole entourage.

I just had another look, maybe I am wrong. I assumed they were in Italy because Betancur posted a lot of photos of the little one when he was in Europe - but he never is on there himself, so maybe those are just pictures sent to him by his wife.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
search said:
search said:
slosada said:
search said:
ILovecycling said:

I just had another look, maybe I am wrong. I assumed they were in Italy because Betancur posted a lot of photos of the little one when he was in Europe - but he never is on there himself, so maybe those are just pictures sent to him by his wife.
I think this is the case

Its gonna be really interesting to see what AG2R does now.

He is not selected for the Vuelta for sure and wasn't allowed to ride Tour de l'Ain because of his bad shape.
To me this sounds like no Vuelta for him, but we will see what's the final selection.

Re:

Banana_Joe said:

He is not selected for the Vuelta for sure and wasn't allowed to ride Tour de l'Ain because of his bad shape.
To me this sounds like no Vuelta for him, but we will see what's the final selection.
They should bring him, he'll be good help for Pozzovivo on the descents, and may get into a break when there is a downhill finish and crush everyone by using his extra 10kg to good effect.

When they hired Contreras back at the beginning of the year I thought that he looked fat. But he was climbing well then. So it must be his built. If he is overweight and loses some of the extra he might fly up the mountains. But same thing is being said of Betancur anyway!!

Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
Banana_Joe said:

They should bring him, he'll be good help for Pozzovivo on the descents, and may get into a break when there is a downhill finish and crush everyone by using his extra 10kg to good effect.

The last GT he tried that he came second last :D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:
Banana_Joe said:
No Vuelta for him!
AG2R finally sending a message.
He is done. Better start looking for another team.
his career is done and he made enough money to never worry again in colombia
I doubt this.
I dont know his contract details but I doubt he made more than 1M euros.If he plans to live more than 60 years on this planet it won't be enough to not 'worry again'

TRENDING THREADS