• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Geraint Too Fast said:
CgGH0YaW4AAxKeG.jpg:large

Check out that game face.
He looks like a special needs cyclist here. No offense.

OK, he just declared that the leader is Valverde... He had to work in the chase (whereas Caja Rural didn't), that he was only covering Bilbao's attack and he recognized he didn't help him in the last 8Km.
He said that the cold weather suits him well, but Valverde suffered.

Re:

slosada said:
OK, he just declared that the leader is Valverde... He had to work in the chase (whereas Caja Rural didn't), that he was only covering Bilbao's attack and he recognized he didn't help him in the last 8Km.
He said that the cold weather suits him well, but Valverde suffered.

I didnt realize Betancur is so good ind bad weather. All the stage was raining today, not really cold, but quite cold.

Of course he won the stage becouse the advantage he is in Movistar and he didnt collaborate with Peio in 8 Km. But Peio attacked and he catch him again. So it is not bad for Betancur.

Anyway Caja Rural did very well by doing 2nd and 3th with Barbero.

Betancur won the stage, but if this weather goes on, Peio has a real chance to win GC againts Valverde.

Re:

Geraint Too Fast said:
Not bad for a lost cause...

Not remotely on par with the hype either. I admit I thought he wouldn't win again, not even a small race, but all these fireworks because he won a stage in Castilla y León are cringeworthy. That said, maybe it's all he needed to step up his game. Good for him if so.

What the hell!! As someone on another website said:"The finish was at the MacDrive??"

Mindblown.. actually I gave up hope on him, allthough the pictures of him at Sarthe suggested he was indeed losing weight. Still I didn't believe it anymore and then there is that picture of him earlier today... wow! He's looking great! Like a cyclist... and then he actually wins!
Awesome! I'm glad he's back and I hope he will be back in full force as well.

Ok. He looks chubby. But what is his actual weight? I know people looking chubby but not being heavy at all. That is one of a reasons that I have good laugh at all this 'telling weight of the riders from photos or tv coverage' ***.

Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
BigMac said:
liamito said:
Escarabajo said:
No place for Betancur at the Giro.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/movistar-name-11-riders-for-giro-ditalia-squad/

If he gets if some kind of shape he could be ready for La Vuelta.

It looks like the leash is short at Movistar.

Let's see what he can do in Dauphiné or Tour de Suisse? No Nairo or Valverde in those races.

But likely Izaguirre, Intxausti...

To the bolded, are we saying this everytime he fails selection to a race? ''Maybe next time?''. The guy is a lost cause. He's not in shape for the Giro and he won't be in shape for any race until the season ends. How come fans don't understand.
god, can't imagine what an idiot you must feel like now :rolleyes:

Bigmac was wrong, but calling him an idiot is pushing things. Its not like Bentacur has given us reason to have faith in him. Also as was just said above, this isn't a very big race. Lets stay calm and see if he can continue to get better. He'll need to if he wants to win in the big races.

Jspear said:
Bigmac was wrong, but calling him an idiot is pushing things. Its not like Bentacur has given us reason to have faith in him. Also as was just said above, this isn't a very big race. Lets stay calm and see if he can continue to get better. He'll need to if he wants to win in the big races.
I'm not a fan of calling someone an idiot, but when you are posting like this to the point of boredom, well, than I agree with Ryo Hazuki.

BigMac said:
tristecsinamigos said:
But he DNF again. Why?

Peaking for Japan Cup, what did you expect?
BigMac said:
To the bolded, are we saying this everytime he fails selection to a race? ''Maybe next time?''. The guy is a lost cause. He's not in shape for the Giro and he won't be in shape for any race until the season ends. How come fans don't understand.
BigMac said:
He will ''instead go to Colombia to train for Japan Cup''.

Train for Japan Cup.

Japan Cup.
BigMac said:
After Movistar found out they had to pay for two seats, they decided it was not worth it.
BigMac said:
This guy will be larger than a blue whale and the fans still dreaming about his Return.
BigMac said:
It's futile, if Movistar's cook gives the team a salad he will rip someone's leg off and feast on it. It will be satisfying to see Movistar get nothing out of this opportunistic move.

Do I need to keep going?

Ryo Hazuki said:
BigMac said:
liamito said:
Escarabajo said:

Let's see what he can do in Dauphiné or Tour de Suisse? No Nairo or Valverde in those races.

I don't feel like an idiot, you can see my replies up thread. I said I suck it up.

Unlike you, Ryo, I don't disappear for an entire month after being proved wrong.

Good on him.

Popchu said:
Jspear said:
I'm not a fan of calling someone an idiot, but when you are posting like this to the point of boredom, well, than I agree with Ryo Hazuki.

BigMac said:
tristecsinamigos said:
But he DNF again. Why?

Peaking for Japan Cup, what did you expect?
BigMac said:
BigMac said:
He will ''instead go to Colombia to train for Japan Cup''.

Train for Japan Cup.

Japan Cup.
BigMac said:
After Movistar found out they had to pay for two seats, they decided it was not worth it.
BigMac said:
This guy will be larger than a blue whale and the fans still dreaming about his Return.
BigMac said:
It's futile, if Movistar's cook gives the team a salad he will rip someone's leg off and feast on it. It will be satisfying to see Movistar get nothing out of this opportunistic move.

Do I need to keep going?

He was at the pointy end of so many jokes all over the web. Dude have you seen him ride before today? He was TERRIBLE considering his potential. He finally won. Great! Don't be surprised though that some thought he might have another terrible year. He has already proved he's capable of it.

Ryo Hazuki said:
BigMac said:
liamito said:
Escarabajo said:

699a42cc20f532e69a68ea91e6f3b8af.jpg

TRENDING THREADS