• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 89 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Tbf he was never gonna complete Strade Bianche, thats totally fair. Had hoped he would today, but probably still a bit optimistic! It was same story least year, but lets not forget he got in very decent shape in the span of 1 month or so last year. These 2 races doesn't tell me much.
He needs races to lose weight, but it looks like Movistar is not putting him in many. Probably a bad sign for him already!

Re: Re:

Tonton said:
portugal11 said:
We should close this thread. This guy doesn't deserve all our hopes. He wasted his massive talent and we look like that little girls knowed as beleibers.
portugal11, you just made me laugh with that post like I haven't laughed in a long time :D . Thank you!

Well I will never live that down. But I am glad to say I never was a belieber not in relation to Betancur, not for a long time anyway. I say keep the thread open as it gives world weary people like me some amusement and maybe a tiny bit of hope that Betancur can surprise everyone including his own team !

Too early to tell but it looks like a copy of the last season for him.This won't be enough to get a new contract so hopefully he'll be smart enough to understand it if he really wants to carry on in pro cycling at top level.

Irondan said:
Escarabajo said:
Well, it is a race in which Movistar has no chance at all. So might as well send cyclists with secondary goals.
That's true, but what's a secondary goal for Carlos? 290k is a long way for someone that DNF'd the only two race days of the season. You're right though, Movistar don't have much of a chance so it may be better to just keep riders happy.
Bentacur, happy, 290 km?

Valv.Piti said:
Irondan said:
Escarabajo said:
Well, it is a race in which Movistar has no chance at all. So might as well send cyclists with secondary goals.
That's true, but what's a secondary goal for Carlos? 290k is a long way for someone that DNF'd the only two race days of the season. You're right though, Movistar don't have much of a chance so it may be better to just keep riders happy.
Bentacur, happy, 290 km?
Haha, no probably not.

I meant happy by being a team leader again.

SKSemtex said:
It is kind of funny that Betancur´s thread has on this forum almost as many pages as Sagan and 15 times more then Boonen or GVA :D

He's certainly giving us something to talk about. Come on; it's basically an impressive feat when he finishes a race, whereas for those other guys winning is just business as usual, so not really something to talk about.

One thing we should acknowledge is his love for his son, very good to see. If we have to wait until little Carlitos Betancur is 18 years, fine. Betancur Sr. will be like 44/45 years, still on time to battle it out with Rebellin, Papy Horner and the returned Cobra Ricco for the 115th Giro d'Italia.

SKSemtex said:
It is kind of funny that Betancur´s thread has on this forum almost as many pages as Sagan and 15 times more then Boonen or GVA :D

Well those guys are consistent enough that you don't have to ask 'wtf is up with them' every 5 minutes, or 'is he close to race weight yet', or 'has anyone heard anything about him in the last three months'; that tends to make a long thread.

skidmark said:
SKSemtex said:

Well those guys are consistent enough that you don't have to ask 'wtf is up with them' every 5 minutes, or 'is he close to race weight yet', or 'has anyone heard anything about him in the last three months'; that tends to make a long thread.

Well, Contador must be pretty inconsistent then. :D

I was always wondering why e.g. Cance has so few pages here as well. Not popular enough?

skidmark said:
SKSemtex said:

Also, we are really at this point adding to now well established tradition of "why are we talking about him" and "why is this thread so long" discourse on this thread. Paying attention to the attention on the attention that is paid to someone is really hip these days.

SKSemtex said:
Well, Contador must be pretty inconsistent then. :D ?
That's not all of it, to be certain, but I do think that the twist and turns in Alberto's mercurial rides through the stages of his races, his career, and his assault on the record books have provided plenty of ammunition for both his critics and his admirers.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Ricco' said:
One thing we should acknowledge is his love for his son, very good to see. If we have to wait until little Carlitos Betancur is 18 years, fine. Betancur Sr. will be like 44/45 years, still on time to battle it out with Rebellin, Papy Horner and the returned Cobra Ricco for the 115th Giro d'Italia.

I think Carlitos will finish what Carlos started (and no, i'm not talking about food)

TRENDING THREADS