• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 107 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Valv.Piti said:
I like things better when they stay the same and you know what to expect.
But somehow I end up expecting great things from him every freakin year. :mad:

Can't wait for the first pictures of him. I just hope he is lighter than Contador right now.
movistar-team-ratifica-que-nairo-quintana-sigue-siendo-el-lider-597033.jpg

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Movistar is taking sandbagging to another level. Betancur will keep on dropping from startlists, until he finally shows up to ride the Giro. Everybody thinks it's just Betancur wasting away another year, but it turns out he has finally found some motivation and unleashing his true potential he will easily win the Giro. Then to thank his team for bringing him back from the gutter and helping him reach his potential, he will ride the TDF as a domestique, supporting the three Movistar captains, despite the obvious fatigue from the Giro. However, when the TDF hits the mountains, it becomes apparent that Quintana, Landa and Valverde are actually super domestiques for Betancur and he will again take everybody by surprise and win the TDF with Valandana making Sky look like a steam train trying to keep up with a Thalys. After that, he is selected for the WC. He admits that after winning two GTs he doesn't have the shape anymore, but it is of course an honour to represent his country at the worlds and so he will go anyway. The Japanese swordsman Miyamoto Musashi famously arrived late for a duel twice, using the same trick in order to agitate his opponents and disrupt their focus. Likewise Betancur, will again pretend to be tired and only ride as a domestique, while being the captain and take the win. After Betancur has won the mythical triple crown, Colombia will go crazy in the hero worship of their newfound sports legend and declare Betancur to be the god-emperor of Colombia. Colombia will become a kind of cycling Shangri La in the Andes. Everywhere Betancur goes he will now be offered Bandeja Paisa by pious Colombians seeking to please their cycling god. Unfortunately Betancur will have a heart attack age 35 and that will be that.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Maybe Movistar is taking sandbagging to another level. Betancur will keep on dropping from startlists, until he finally shows up to ride the Giro. Everybody thinks it's just Betancur wasting away another year, but it turns out he has finally found some motivation and unleashing his true potential he will easily win the Giro. Then to thank his team for bringing him back from the gutter and helping him reach his potential, he will ride the TDF as a domestique, supporting the three Movistar captains, despite the obvious fatigue from the Giro. However, when the TDF hits the mountains, it becomes apparent that Quintana, Landa and Valverde are actually super domestiques for Betancur and he will again take everybody by surprise and win the TDF with Valandana making Sky look like a steam train trying to keep up with a Thalys. After that, he is selected for the WC. He admits that after winning two GTs he doesn't have the shape anymore, but it is of course an honour to represent his country at the worlds and so he will go anyway. The Japanese swordsman Miyamoto Musashi famously arrived late for a duel twice, using the same trick in order to agitate his opponents and disrupt their focus. Likewise Betancur, will again pretend to be tired and only ride as a domestique, while being the captain and take the win. After Betancur has won the mythical triple crown, Colombia will go crazy in the hero worship of their newfound sports legend and declare Betancur to be the god-emperor of Colombia. Colombia will become a kind of cycling Shangri La in the Andes. Everywhere Betancur goes he will now be offered Bandeja Paisa by pious Colombians seeking to please their cycling god. Unfortunately Betancur will have a heart attack age 35 and that will be that.
Your Betancur is weak. The real Betancur wins every race possible in a year from now on, (not exaggerated) millennia ahead of the rest.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

Jspear said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
We should honestly make a "Betancur fan-fiction" thread...

I feel like this thread is that already! :p

I've even been caught up in the hype before, but I have no real clue why! Seriously think of how much hype this guy has gotten over the years...it's crazy.
unlike other colombians, betancur has charisma on the bike

Koronin said:
Squire said:
On the provisional startlist for Strade Bianche!

However, notice that Valverde is not on that provisional start list and he's hinted that he's planning on going back there and racing a more classics heavy spring schedule this year. So expect that start list to change.
Exactly this, it's a list that is made a few weeks ago I guess. Everything depends on his injury.

TRENDING THREADS