• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Carlos Betancur discussion thread

Page 120 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Without his effort trying to catch the MVDP / Trentin group, a top 10 was feasible.

And if MVDP was not pulling that hard when Betancur was chasing with Skujins and Izagirre, he could make it to the front... and was actually be able to battle for the win?

Great effort.

Reactions: 42x16ss
I still don't know if I would sign him if I was a WT team. Sure, he pops up every once in awhile with a good result, but the lack of consistent professionalism would bother me considering he's not someone who pulls in big results anymore
The paradox seems to be that what has made him succesful in this race, in particular, will ultimately make him less succesful in 99% of all the other races.

I still don't know if I would sign him if I was a WT team. Sure, he pops up every once in awhile with a good result, but the lack of consistent professionalism would bother me considering he's not someone who pulls in big results anymore
I think UAE could really work for him. Stephens could be the type of director Betancur needs, and he understands Hispanic riders from his years at Caisse d'Epargne.

Chaves cashed in on Australian/MTS good will. He was riding shotgun with the likes of Durbridge, Bauer, Juul Jensen, Haig and Matthews for as long as possible. Can't blame him though, Impey did too.

No harm in Chaves riding shotgun with the Aussie team - In saying that he looked strong and could have got a top 15 or top 20 - Gotta say that Impey was a major disappointment - This was a good course for his talents.

EFrMRtVXkAASfTe.jpg

Just saw an interview, and he's riding the Italian classics, 'for me, and for my family'.

TRENDING THREADS