• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cav is...

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
put MAtti Breschel in Hospital at West Flanders, and Guidi in hospital in 98 Denmark Rundt

Still not equal to a broken hip. Of cause the recklessness of the sprint isn't directly proportional to the injuries caused. That's mainly a question of luck.

benpounder said:
It was not a structural failure of Cav's wheel

I already called Cav an A$$hole,F*cking C*nt and similar adjectives that his persona fits in, but I start to believe that, aside from his stupid maneuvers in the final metres, "his front Wheel" sort of fractured, causing him to loose balance & fall-- this video-unlike the ones I've seen, has made me changed my mind a bit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RNAYR3KPIg

PS: Cavendish still an A$$hole & a F*cking C*nt regardless:D

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
PS: Cavendish still an A$$hole & a F*cking C*nt regardless:D[/QUOTE]

do all you can then SunTzu. buy a ticket and take it to his grill and let us watch it on tv cuz that's alot of hate to type out. is it personal?

i'd pay to see all the guys posting up on Cavendish to show up on his grill. i don't know anything about his racing habits but when we start callin a guy out from hate you have to take care of it up close and personal otherwise we sound like 6yr olds on a playground.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Red card & two race suspension for these dickheads!!

Sasquatch said:
No he isn't. He's that much out of form that he's riding like he's new to road sprinting - a rookie so to speak.

Yeah!! but he is not a rookie fvcking idiot, he is proving to be a complete & well versed *** of the grand order of Knobs. Then he is reported to have spat on Haussler, how stupid can you get. I thought that when you screw up you admit your guilt & appeal to your peers forgiveness. This approach has got me off quite a few speeding tickets. My guess is that Cav would start swinging at the cop who would dare pull him up.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
SpartacusRox said:
I wish guys like you would actually get out of your hateboy world occasionally.

Maybe you have never noticed but sprinting is actually a risky business and sometimes crashes happen. If you actually tried to be a teeny bit objective you would see that both guys moved across not just one of them. It's a fact of sprinting life that sometimes sh!t happens, your pick yourself up and move on.

I guess news on the LA front was a bit quiet hence the switch to slagging off Cav.:rolleyes:

Don't worry about me, I'm not a hateboy and I get out plenty...

As far as sprinting goes, yes very risky especially when a racer has to win "everytime he throws his leg over the bike." The difference this time is that he was throwing someone else's leg "over the bike," not his.
As far as objective goes, did he not track to the left or what that my misjudged subjectivism? And if that is indeed the case, who deviated from their line most?

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I am not a hate boy myself but this is just one cav's many transgression's of conduct as a professional , yes a professional. I have been known to do a bit of sitting on & getting the win in the last 100m myself, if you don't like it drop me before the line.
Did you note that Cav has been reported to have spat at Haussler????.
I have just gone through the vids in slo mo & cav moved across a huge amount & lost/drove his front wheel right under Hausslers

Perhaps this whole thing can get summed up by 2 points

1 - Cav has been penalized, so the race officials think he was at fault

2 - His 'coworkers' staged a protest about him and his behaviours the next day.

Not too many folks have had the infamy of being formally and informally sanctioned as a result of riding like a tool. :p

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
phlatties said:
do all you can then SunTzu. buy a ticket and take it to his grill and let us watch it on tv cuz that's alot of hate to type out. is it personal?

i'd pay to see all the guys posting up on Cavendish to show up on his grill. i don't know anything about his racing habits but when we start callin a guy out from hate you have to take care of it up close and personal otherwise we sound like 6yr olds on a playground.

I don't know what it means to "show up on his grill" but yes, the venom being spouted is personal. I think the more conscientious on the forum and public at large recognize this.

That being said, it is personal for a reason.

Boy Racer became Boy I Just Don't Like This Guy.

Sure it's easy to sit on my computer chair and post about Cav's transgressions but c'est la vie pour une celebre. Live by the spotlight die by the spotlight.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Road Hazard said:
I don't know what it means to "show up on his grill" but yes, the venom being spouted is personal. I think the more conscientious on the forum and public at large recognize this.

That being said, it is personal for a reason.

Boy Racer became Boy I Just Don't Like This Guy.

Sure it's easy to sit on my computer chair and post about Cav's transgressions but c'est la vie pour une celebre. Live by the spotlight die by the spotlight.

phlatties means "all up in his grill" - not on his grill. Although the "on" does make for interesting visuals...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=all up in my grill

It basically means - to say it to his face.

phlatties said:

Jeez, I'll catch meself a flight just for that purpose.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
tidean said:
Yeah!! but he is not a rookie fvcking idiot, he is proving to be a complete & well versed *** of the grand order of Knobs. Then he is reported to have spat on Haussler, how stupid can you get. I thought that when you screw up you admit your guilt & appeal to your peers forgiveness. This approach has got me off quite a few speeding tickets. My guess is that Cav would start swinging at the cop who would dare pull him up.

^ all of this, especially the bold part, rofl

Ripper said:
Perhaps this whole thing can get summed up by 2 points

1 - Cav has been penalized, so the race officials think he was at fault

2 - His 'coworkers' staged a protest about him and his behaviours the next day.

Not too many folks have had the infamy of being formally and informally sanctioned as a result of riding like a tool. :p

+1!

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
can somebody post a "cav threads are dead" thread? damn, even the groms on pinkbike know when to let it go. so, since I'm new 'round these parts where's the next best place for cyberwhine? the lance thread? doping? got any threads about podium hotties with pics?

And there are plenty of UK fanboys who think that Frodo never does anything wrong.

I wonder what it would take for Frodo to get blamed by CN and the fanboys?

If he'd gone up and punched HH in the face I am sure the likes of Jamesque would be blaming HH for putting his face in the way of the Hobbit's fist.

some Frodo fanboy said:
'It's HH's fault he got punched, his face should never have been there in the first place. If you watch the slow mo you can see how HH moves his head towards Frodo's fist. Therefore it is 70&#37]

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
If there is one thing I know about this forum it is that the posters here never get tired of hating Cavendish.

Did you ask the 13 thousand forum members that or did you just make it up?

Do the Commissaires who relegated and fined Cav for his behavior 'hate' Cav to?

I have actually supported Cav in the past - especially in some of his comments.
He was at fault for the crash - he should have apologized - his lack of apology makes it very easy for him not to have respect from his peer's or any fan's.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
And there are plenty of UK fanboys who think that Frodo never does anything wrong.

I wonder what it would take for Frodo to get blamed by CN and the fanboys?

Am I from the UK yes. Am I a `fanboy' no, I don't support anyone now on the basis that I'm going to be disappointed by them at some point. Have I seen dozens of crashes in bunch sprints over the last 30+ years caused by riders from Belgium, Italy, Germany, Australia, UK etc yes. Did I then pour vitriol over these riders later no. If Cavendish now makes a habit of wiping people out in sprints then I think we can justifiably have a go at him.

Finally my impression is that UK people aren't that patriotic towards their own sportspeople, we can have two F1 world champions in succession and still lots of UK F1 fans will root for Alonso.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Sorry, I should have re-phrased that. The posters here never get tired of hating full stop.

Could you just clarify your comments.

Are you saying that because I don't support Cav in this incidence I am now a 'hater'? And so is everybody else on this forum?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Could you just clarify your comments.

Are you saying that because I don't support Cav in this incidence I am now a 'hater'? And so is everybody else on this forum?

Nope.

What I am saying is that there seem to be plenty of posters on this board who aren't interested in discussion or debate of any kind, and just come here to spew invective against riders they don't like and troll.