• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

cavendish growing up manning up?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
The drama from last season:
-His crash with Haussler and numerous other unfortunates victims of the same
-His struggles in the early season (2010) that left him less than his dominant self resulting in his less than his usual stellar performances
-His first win and subsequent crying fit on the podium
All of this conflict seems to have made him mature. Prior to his struggles he had things skating his way, able to say what he pleased while everyone nodded in agreement because he was killing everyone on the road in the sprints. A little adversity does a person good.

true that well put..

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
He has been trying this for a while. The P.R. people got to him. He talks up his teammates and acts grateful, but it is a transparent act to cover the fact that he is a world class tool. Wait for something to not go his way, and then his true personality will come out in spades.

that may most certainly be true but hopefully not. your probably right though i try to think men learn life is short regardless of athletic ability some get it at some point.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
hmm some good thoughts on this in truth i dont have enough info to add anything but based on direct quotes he is less delusional or childlike which can be common in athletes. time will tell put simply.;)

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
FabulousCandelabra said:
Why are people always hating on Cavendish for crying in victory? I think these people are perhaps afraid to express emotion, and so they try and tell the world being a stoic tough guy is the way to act properly? Whatever, I'm all for tears of joy.

with you there most 'tough men' are big girls when it counts seen that in life again and again standard.

TRENDING THREADS