Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Froome is like a magnet to the Tarmac this summer! Hope he's ok, sounds like he is back in the bunch again having dropped back to the doctors car. I haven't seen the crash but sounds like Sky yet again didn't a terrible job in protecting their top man.
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
bikehandling skills are the reason why he falls so often. Doubt there is another reason for his falling, to say Gesinks
How was 2013 so perfect then?. He as crashed alot but some reports that he got took down today and remember he was took out the stage before the cobbles stage. Lets see what happens but he may have been took down in his last 2 GT's through no fault of his own.
 
Jun 28, 2011
1,394
0
0
TANK91 said:
How was 2013 so perfect then?. He as crashed alot but some reports that he got took down today and remember he was took out the stage before the cobbles stage. Lets see what happens but he may have been took down in his last 2 GT's through no fault of his own.
Confidence
 
May 5, 2011
7,490
0
0
TANK91 said:
How was 2013 so perfect then?. He as crashed alot but some reports that he got took down today and remember he was took out the stage before the cobbles stage. Lets see what happens but he may have been took down in his last 2 GT's through no fault of his own.
Im not saying that he doesn't know how to ride a bike...
This year I've been in 3 crashes because of other people around me ****ing up. The previous 2 year none. Atleast 2 of the accidents this year I could have avoided if I had the bikehandling skills to take corners shaper than what I do so I could have avoided the falling riders infront of me (I am lousy at cornering in relatively high speeds).
I don't mean that Froome can't sit on a bike, it is just that it so happens that he has been in situasions this year that he hasn't been able to get out of, and yes, I belive some of them can't JUST be blamed on other riders.
 
Jul 25, 2011
2,007
1
0
He did what I was hoping from Valverde or Purito.;)

Good to see him paying attention to small details after the crash.
 
Vino attacks everyone said:
Im not saying that he doesn't know how to ride a bike...
This year I've been in 3 crashes because of other people around me ****ing up. The previous 2 year none. Atleast 2 of the accidents this year I could have avoided if I had the bikehandling skills to take corners shaper than what I do so I could have avoided the falling riders infront of me (I am lousy at cornering in relatively high speeds).
I don't mean that Froome can't sit on a bike, it is just that it so happens that he has been in situasions this year that he hasn't been able to get out of, and yes, I belive some of them can't JUST be blamed on other riders.
The good thing for him is that he starts to get used to it, ignore the pain and outsprint his competition.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
0
0
cineteq said:
So this is how he pays back the peloton after they waited for him? Sorry, but no class. He's not making any friends.
:confused: It's a bike race.

I remember hearing once a rider asked Cadel Evans why he sprinted at the finish. He said "I'm a bike racer."
 
cineteq said:
There you go, if it is a "bike race" then they should've taken advantage of him crashing, right?
Yes but they didn't did they, that's not Froome's fault. It's funny to read people on the race thread saying they should drill it up the climbs to drop Froome, but as soon as Froome fights back it's a different story. :D

Very happy he's ok, he's now gained 4 seconds by being clever and alert, hope he keeps it up and we get a great race between the top guys.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Pricey_sky said:
Yes but they didn't did they, that's not Froome's fault. It's funny to read people on the race thread saying they should drill it up the climbs to drop Froome, but as soon as Froome fights back it's a different story. :D

Very happy he's ok, he's now gained 4 seconds by being clever and alert, hope he keeps it up and we get a great race between the top guys.
I haven't seen any footage but, if the principal leaders waited for him and then they all recommenced racing...it's a race. Not much to whine about for fan or foe.
 
Apr 4, 2010
2,420
0
0
Oldman said:
I haven't seen any footage but, if the principal leaders waited for him and then they all recommenced racing...it's a race. Not much to whine about for fan or foe.
Pretty much how I feel about it as well.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
From Gesink's post stage comments: "in a corner, Froome was looking down and he just crashed". Nothing new there ;)

Why does this guy think bad luck haunts him if he doesn't bother to look up the road?
 
“When the crash happened, a Giant-Shimano rider went down in front of me just to my left. I swerved to try and avoid that and went down." - Now whether he was looking down when the GS rider went down in front of him and thus he reacted slower than he would have otherwise who knows. Apparently, it was fairly high speed crash so if that's the case I doubt he had much chance.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Professional Road Racing 14
F Professional Road Racing 68

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS