• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
bikehandling skills are the reason why he falls so often. Doubt there is another reason for his falling, to say Gesinks

How was 2013 so perfect then?. He as crashed alot but some reports that he got took down today and remember he was took out the stage before the cobbles stage. Lets see what happens but he may have been took down in his last 2 GT's through no fault of his own.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
TANK91 said:
How was 2013 so perfect then?. He as crashed alot but some reports that he got took down today and remember he was took out the stage before the cobbles stage. Lets see what happens but he may have been took down in his last 2 GT's through no fault of his own.

Confidence

TANK91 said:

Im not saying that he doesn't know how to ride a bike...
This year I've been in 3 crashes because of other people around me ****ing up. The previous 2 year none. Atleast 2 of the accidents this year I could have avoided if I had the bikehandling skills to take corners shaper than what I do so I could have avoided the falling riders infront of me (I am lousy at cornering in relatively high speeds).
I don't mean that Froome can't sit on a bike, it is just that it so happens that he has been in situasions this year that he hasn't been able to get out of, and yes, I belive some of them can't JUST be blamed on other riders.

Vino attacks everyone said:
Im not saying that he doesn't know how to ride a bike...
This year I've been in 3 crashes because of other people around me ****ing up. The previous 2 year none. Atleast 2 of the accidents this year I could have avoided if I had the bikehandling skills to take corners shaper than what I do so I could have avoided the falling riders infront of me (I am lousy at cornering in relatively high speeds).
I don't mean that Froome can't sit on a bike, it is just that it so happens that he has been in situasions this year that he hasn't been able to get out of, and yes, I belive some of them can't JUST be blamed on other riders.

The good thing for him is that he starts to get used to it, ignore the pain and outsprint his competition.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
So this is how he pays back the peloton after they waited for him? Sorry, but no class. He's not making any friends.

:confused: It's a bike race.

I remember hearing once a rider asked Cadel Evans why he sprinted at the finish. He said "I'm a bike racer."

cineteq said:
There you go, if it is a "bike race" then they should've taken advantage of him crashing, right?

Yes but they didn't did they, that's not Froome's fault. It's funny to read people on the race thread saying they should drill it up the climbs to drop Froome, but as soon as Froome fights back it's a different story. :D

Very happy he's ok, he's now gained 4 seconds by being clever and alert, hope he keeps it up and we get a great race between the top guys.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
Yes but they didn't did they, that's not Froome's fault. It's funny to read people on the race thread saying they should drill it up the climbs to drop Froome, but as soon as Froome fights back it's a different story. :D

Very happy he's ok, he's now gained 4 seconds by being clever and alert, hope he keeps it up and we get a great race between the top guys.

I haven't seen any footage but, if the principal leaders waited for him and then they all recommenced racing...it's a race. Not much to whine about for fan or foe.

“When the crash happened, a Giant-Shimano rider went down in front of me just to my left. I swerved to try and avoid that and went down." - Now whether he was looking down when the GS rider went down in front of him and thus he reacted slower than he would have otherwise who knows. Apparently, it was fairly high speed crash so if that's the case I doubt he had much chance.

TRENDING THREADS