• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 182 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

He won Contador by a minute on Terminillo.Froome havent proved he can do that this season.[/quote]

Froome dropped Contador in Andalucia but this is about Froome vs Quintana and they were both mediocre this year.In Romandie Quintana didn't show he can be better than Froome.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

DBotero said:
Froome dropped Contador in Andalucia but this is about Froome vs Quintana and they were both mediocre this year.In Romandie Quintana didn't show he can be better than Froome..
Mediocre?
Quintana has won the hardest stage race of the spring :rolleyes:

ILovecycling said:
DBotero said:
Froome dropped Contador in Andalucia but this is about Froome vs Quintana and they were both mediocre this year.In Romandie Quintana didn't show he can be better than Froome..
Mediocre?

Ok he was amazing there,but after that he was just decent in Pais Vasco(were he was the main favorite)and Romandie.You talking about a GT winner and contender you can't play songs for him winning a stage/one week race.If you consider that Quintana was good this year then how would you consider Porte performances?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

DBotero said:
ILovecycling said:
DBotero said:
Mediocre?

Ok he was amazing there,but after that he was just decent in Pais Vasco(were he was the main favorite)and Romandie.You talking about a GT winner and contender you can't play songs for him winning a stage/one week race.If you consider that Quintana was good this year then how would you consider Porte performances?
Very good.He is a good stage racer, but he wouldnt have won against the best.

Quintana's stronger now than he was back in 2013. He's even better mentally. But the most important thing is that he's more experienced.

I don't know if it's enough to beat Froome, since now he has also more experience and probably won't go full genius mode when not needed, but let's wait and see.

All in all, we can't draw any conclusions who's the better one until Tour de France obviously. It doesn't matter what they did earlier this season, who knows what their training was? Different bodies require different approaches in training, rest periods, etc.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
Mongolian Mayhem said:
Where is Froome? Dead.
Tenerife right now...where most of the guys aiming for Le tour will be

and not even a tweet to support his mate porte. (He tweeted photos of him so that means he got reception out there). I thought they're good friend?

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Jelantik said:
rick james said:
Mongolian Mayhem said:
Where is Froome? Dead.
Tenerife right now...where most of the guys aiming for Le tour will be

and not even a tweet to support his mate porte. (He tweeted photos of him so that means he got reception out there). I thought they're good friend?

Because you can only support people on social media ? :p

Who knows, maybe Froome called him up. A little more personal and meaningful than a tweet.

DBotero said:
They both need drastic improvements for TDF or Nibali will run home with the prize again.

giphy.gif

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Tennis players can be forgiven about being a little paranoid with fans coming too close or possibly getting on the court, given what happened to Monica Seles.

b.broadhurst said:
Froomey's squad for the Tour suddenly looks phenomenal.

Froome Porte Poels Roche Kennaugh Rowe Thomas Stannard + 1 other

and for that 1 other there is plenty of options.....

Eisel Henao Kiryienka Knees Lopez
we will see how Porte recovers from the Giro but i'm not sure he will do Le tour...i think Henao will be in there and maybe Knees

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
rick james said:
b.broadhurst said:

we will see how Porte recovers from the Giro but i'm not sure he will do Le tour...i think Henao will be in there and maybe Knees

oh for godShake.. porte is going to recover just fine. He hasn't even spending that much energy yet. The only recovery he needs.. is his mental. That one that quiet a beating.

Jelantik said:
rick james said:
b.broadhurst said:

oh for godShake.. porte is going to recover just fine. He hasn't even spending that much energy yet. The only recovery he needs.. is his mental. That one that quiet a beating.

For godsake thats what i was on about

TRENDING THREADS