• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 184 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
This year tour has a demanding first week. One of the weakness of Froome is to get well positioned on the peloton, he is not si skilfull as Nibali or Sagan for that.. he is still learning in cycling becouse he started late in cycling. He is very powerfull in the flat, and with team will be no problem, but in such a demanding weak, it is posisble he note that in the mountains. But for Quintana wont be an easy task as well, the more advantage will be for Nibali.

I hope anyway he is learning year by year, he can improve in a GT already.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Taxus4a said:
This year tour has a demanding first week. One of the weakness of Froome is to get well positioned on the peloton, he is not si skilfull as Nibali or Sagan for that.. he is still learning in cycling becouse he started late in cycling. He is very powerfull in the flat, and with team will be no problem, but in such a demanding weak, it is posisble he note that in the mountains. But for Quintana wont be an easy task as well, the more advantage will be for Nibali.

I hope anyway he is learning year by year, he can improve in a GT already.

So he's won a GT, been on a few podiums at GT's and won several (important) one week races and the Automatic JockStrap race and he still needs to learn about positioning in the peloton?

Also what's age is starting late in cycling?

Re: Re:

The_Cheech said:
SeriousSam said:
You know Froome is feared when some of his detractors are reduced to hoping that becoming a father will adversely affect his performance in the Tour.

We're actually happy that Mother Nature is finally putting a lid on Michelle's mouth.

It's going to be awesome not having to read her annoying tweets.
Her thumbs work fine despite becoming a parent...

Carols said:
LaFlorecita said:
Carols said:
It's against TDF rules though, is what I've read on Tweeter

Well that could nix it if true!

Dont think its against the rules, I ve heard about riders before who slept in the team bus because the hotel was so horrible. If sleeping in the team bus is allowed so should sleeping in a teams motor home (I think).

pastronef said:
Carols said:

I guess I'll have to avoid forums and twitter in July, the jokes will be neverending, and already getting old after the first day :rolleyes:

I still think the D-B Spinning Class is ridiculous. Show me proof that it actually makes a difference, rather than it just being that Sky was so dominant in 2012-2013 that the sheep that make up the sport took it as some revelation. But, you know, before the world was flat until Sky came round.

And now it's sleep. Of course nobody ever got their good sleep before Sky came round either.

Pretty soon every team will have one of these ridiculous mobile hotels for their star. Those that can afford them anyway.

Some people take themselves far too seriously.

May 12, 2015
Visit site

irondan said:
The_Cheech said:
SeriousSam said:
You know Froome is feared when some of his detractors are reduced to hoping that becoming a father will adversely affect his performance in the Tour.

We're actually happy that Mother Nature is finally putting a lid on Michelle's mouth.

It's going to be awesome not having to read her annoying tweets.
Her thumbs work fine despite becoming a parent...

Her thumbs will be changing diapers and feeding a crying baby. Even Chris winning the TdF will become secondary,

LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
Erm I don't think she will be giving birth anytime soon, looking at the scan photo I'd say the baby is still several months away. Either way it won't be a distraction this season anyway. Next season perhaps yes.
You took a rather close look at that picture Pricey :p

Haha! I was just reading people saying the new baby will effect this years Tour so had to look again to make sure this baby hadn't suddenly gained about 4 months of growth overnight! :D

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Pricey_sky said:
LaFlorecita said:
Pricey_sky said:
Erm I don't think she will be giving birth anytime soon, looking at the scan photo I'd say the baby is still several months away. Either way it won't be a distraction this season anyway. Next season perhaps yes.
You took a rather close look at that picture Pricey :p

Haha! I was just reading people saying the new baby will effect this years Tour so had to look again to make sure this baby hadn't suddenly gained about 4 months of growth overnight! :D

Don't forget Pricy its a SKY BABY .....it will be a baby of THE FUTURE born with special powers.

Carols said:
pastronef said:
Carols said:

I guess I'll have to avoid forums and twitter in July, the jokes will be neverending, and already getting old after the first day :rolleyes:

Oh My, I see what you mean....people calling it the Dog Kennel already!
EDIT: and the Crash Coach

If he doesn't deliver to expectations, will Froome be in the DawgHouse?

I'll get me coat.

Re:

Pricey_sky said:

Next season perhaps, yes??? Is she going to be carrying this baby more than the regular nine months we're used to on this planet?
Ok, so we've moved on from marginal gains to maternity gains?