• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 183 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
LaFlorecita said:
Not entirely sure what happened but Chris made a joke on twitter (yet he had point) and he now earned himself the hate of the entire tennis community :D

what did he joke about?

That Federer should 'toughen up' with fans who want selfies. As many cycling fans don't know, no one, not even physios or docs, can enter the court until the umpire calls them in.
A fan wanting to take a selfie sounds harmless for a cycling fan, but it really is different in tennis, it's not an open, free for all court.
Froome had the brain fart to compare the closed tennis courts to open roads.
Needless to say he didn't do hmself any favors with that :D

He could be there are as a reserve if Porte or Konig are not available for whatever reason

Riders need to prepare just in case

I'd bring Rowe & Lopez along with Froome Porte, Roche, Poels, Henao ,Stannard & Thomas because the first week is so important and Lopez is a very good dom and Rowe is very strong for the cobbles
KIryenka also is a top dom but no sure how his form will be after the Giro

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

HelloDolly said:
He could be there are as a reserve if Porte or Konig are not available for whatever reason

Riders need to prepare just in case

I'd bring Rowe & Lopez along with Froome Porte, Roche, Poels, Henao ,Stannard & Thomas because the first week is so important and Lopez is a very good dom and Rowe is very strong for the cobbles
KIryenka also is a top dom but no sure how his form will be after the Giro

duh.. now i know why kiryenka has been MIA everytime the road tilt up. He is doing the double like Contador :D

rick james said:
b.broadhurst said:
Froomey's squad for the Tour suddenly looks phenomenal.

Froome Porte Poels Roche Kennaugh Rowe Thomas Stannard + 1 other

and for that 1 other there is plenty of options.....

Eisel Henao Kiryienka Knees Lopez
we will see how Porte recovers from the Giro but i'm not sure he will do Le tour...i think Henao will be in there and maybe Knees

To do half a Giro is the best posible training to get ready for the Tour, as to do half a Tour is the best for La Vuelta as Contador showed. it is logical.

Other way is to do all the Giro, maybe for some riders is the best or for others is too tired, it i argueable, but Porte has not recover for anything...

Jspear said:
Pricey_sky said:
Not sure if its been mentioned but Froome tweeted a pic of a baby scan photo earlier and is going to be a dad, extra motivation perhaps?

Or a distraction (though it be a good one) that will effect his training and prep in a negative way?

Yes. As I said elsewhere, Cav. didn't do that well the year he became a father..from memory, at least (i.e I haven't been bothered to check!)

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Electress said:
Jspear said:
Pricey_sky said:
Not sure if its been mentioned but Froome tweeted a pic of a baby scan photo earlier and is going to be a dad, extra motivation perhaps?

Or a distraction (though it be a good one) that will effect his training and prep in a negative way?

Yes. As I said elsewhere, Cav. didn't do that well the year he became a father..from memory, at least (i.e I haven't been bothered to check!)

The Froome's aren't at the really distracting stage yet! (at least for him). I don't think this will affect him this summer.

Tommy79 said:
Electress said:
Jspear said:
Pricey_sky said:

The Froome's aren't at the really distracting stage yet! (at least for him). I don't think this will affect him this summer.

Unless Michelle gets REAL moody and starts demanding that he stay with her. :)

rhubroma said:
Beech Mtn said:
Jspear said:

Fortunately Brailsford has a barely-used motorhome to bring to the races for the happy couple.

Ha, ha, ha. The child birth question is totally irrelevent. The guy is a professional, what difference does it make? I mean, he's not pregnant.
It has made a difference for other professionals....

LaFlorecita said:
rhubroma said:
Beech Mtn said:
Jspear said:

Fortunately Brailsford has a barely-used motorhome to bring to the races for the happy couple.

Ha, ha, ha. The child birth question is totally irrelevent. The guy is a professional, what difference does it make? I mean, he's not pregnant.
It has made a difference for other professionals....

It didn't affect Jens on any of the 7(?) occasions! :p

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
You know Froome is feared when some of his detractors are reduced to hoping that becoming a father will adversely affect his performance in the Tour.

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
You know Froome is feared when some of his detractors are reduced to hoping that becoming a father will adversely affect his performance in the Tour.

We're actually happy that Mother Nature is finally putting a lid on Michelle's mouth.

It's going to be awesome not having to read her annoying tweets.

The_Cheech said:
SeriousSam said:

We're actually happy that Mother Nature is finally putting a lid on Michelle's mouth.

I wasn't aware that pregnancy, or motherhood, eliminated one's ability to communicate.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Where do you see people hoping? lol.

Fwiw the same was said about Alberto and jens even said "end of career"
While Nibali won the Tour last year he was pretty crap the rest of the season because he would rather use races as a holiday with his wife and daughter

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:

Some of us are just waiting to see if he puts on sympathy weight like other expectant fathers. For example: Betancur.

May 12, 2015
Visit site

shalgo said:
The_Cheech said:
SeriousSam said:

I wasn't aware that pregnancy, or motherhood, eliminated one's ability to communicate.

Goes without saying that I meant Twitter, not her ability to communicate. Or questioned her pregnancy or motherhood.

Why did you take the comment out of context? That is malicious.

She's just a very outspoken person who says things in twitter.com that she should be saying to someone's face. With baby, all those things become secondary.