• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 807 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 23 22.8%

• Total voters
I fully expected Froome to be a DNF when I read the Japan race was rain-soaked and even at his peak he was never a one-day racer.
However, he has just told the world he feels five years younger, energised, refreshed etc....How about showing it Chris?
He was no so bad at the criteriuym the previous day. He even try to attack and one monetn was the first of the race and finnished 29. At the race he was bad, as far as I know he didnt work andhe was suffering on the race, that is not the best weather for him, but of course I accept the critiscism, it is normal.

I fully expected Froome to be a DNF when I read the Japan race was rain-soaked and even at his peak he was never a one-day racer.
However, he has just told the world he feels five years younger, energised, refreshed etc....How about showing it Chris?
I don't want to throw out any wild, unjustified accusations here for someone with such a clear record of truth and transparency...but has anyone considered the possibility that Froome might be...bullshitting?

He was no so bad at the criteriuym the previous day. He even try to attack and one monetn was the first of the race and finnished 29. At the race he was bad, as far as I know he didnt work andhe was suffering on the race, that is not the best weather for him, but of course I accept the critiscism, it is normal.

At his peak, Froome was an ace criterium racer. He has won both Aalst and Sint-Niklaas twice, two of the monuments of the criterium world. 29th in a small side-event criterium is nothing to write home about.

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
At his peak, Froome was an ace criterium racer. He has won both Aalst and Sint-Niklaas twice, two of the monuments of the criterium world. 29th in a small side-event criterium is nothing to write home about.
Uh...hope you're kidding but...those post-Tour crits are...how to say this...fixed. They're exhibition races the TdF stars get paid to appear in and win.

Yes, agreed. Is this a favourable parcour for Chris Froome's quest for Number Five?
We have heard nothing from the great man as yet.
I'm dying to hear his critique of the route.
He probably will not like the gravel stage (not his style) and the final ITT is a wild card stage his team will not be able to control to protect his lead.
This will not be as easy as it looks............

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Yes, agreed. Is this a favourable parcour for Chris Froome's quest for Number Five?
He probably will not like the gravel stage (not his style) and the final ITT is a wild card stage his powerful INEOS team will not be able to control to protect his lead.
It's all about getting the hard miles.

He probably will not like the gravel stage (not his style) and the final ITT is a wild card stage his powerful INEOS team will not be able to control to protect his lead.
By Ineos, I assume you meant IPT?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
He's doing the Singapore criterium along with some of the best, maybe he can show them some tricks on how to win GTs.

F9hUAdGaoAAUBVQ

98b01641c713ca8ab8334b4e8068b8c118677ad1-5906x3937.jpg