• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 808 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 23 22.8%

• Total voters
Just curious, and a serious question, but do these "exhibition" crits count as victories in riders' palmares?

Also curious to know: to what level are these exhibition races and crits pre-determined ? Are the podium placements agreed in advance? I understand that the idea is to give local riders maximum visibility during the races, so I expect there are some plans for that.

Also curious to know: to what level are these exhibition races and crits pre-determined ? Are the podium placements agreed in advance? I understand that the idea is to give local riders maximum visibility during the races, so I expect there are some plans for that.
Same level as WWE and Boxing. Fixed. Just a bit of out of season pocket money for the pro's, and a run out for the locals.

There are pictures of guys pulling on the brake levers as they throw the bike in sprint finishes.

If I was in a charge for criterium I wouldn't want any fixes. I would invite each WT and PT to sent two riders. No more, no less. This season, there are 36 teams, so 72 riders. And then go. Whether to go for a sprinter or puncheur, your choice.
The organisers pay the big names big bucks to show up. Big names attract more paying customers.

Same goes for Cyclocross, the big names are paid big bucks to attend.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He's soldiering on.

“I mean his frustrations are understandable but, yeah, that’s how it is. I’m contracted for another two years. I signed a five-year contract when I joined. I still feel like there’s more in the legs and I want to go out having given it my all. I’m not going to give up on it."

That would be a sight for sore eyes.

Froome infront of Cav... 10-15 minutes behind in a tough mountain stage. Just fighting to stay within the time limit.

"We made it another day, buddy" as they cross the finish line with just a few seconds left to spare.
Considering Froome performance in the last years, the role could be reversed

I just read Alasdair Fotheringham's report on the Saitama Criterium here on CN. Sounds like it was a cracking race.

Pogacar claimed his umpteenth triumph of the 2023 season

According to the Eurosport commentator, the race was "a ristretto of the Tour de France". I... need to sit quietly in a corner and think about that one.

Did seem like a nice event to take one's family to.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Latest posts