• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 820 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 59 57.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 23 22.5%

• Total voters
Standard evasions. Yawn. Your user name is "Froome" but he's living in my head. Makes sense.

Everyone doesn't lie. Everyone doesn't insult our collective intelligence. Most just shut up and ride. No chance I've seen a rider lie this much since Armstrong. But with Armstrong, at least it was in service of a goal. With Froome? Just seems to lie for no reason as readily as when he has a reason. Weirder. Creepier.
Is not that much comparing him with a bully like armstrong? You have an unmeasured hate against him.

Yeah, and i am thinking all day "froome" because i signed on cyclingnews forum with the username "froome"! You think all day in "red flanders"!

And animal cruelty.

Yeah, Geraint Thomas (I know you will probably dismiss the story now that I wrote his name) had him on his podcast where they said he once found a homeless cat on a ride which seemed to be cold (or hungry or something like that). Then Froome took it in under his shirt and rode home with it and kept it.

So no.

My reply was to the statement that “surely it’s not about the money”. It’s 100% about the money.

And my claim that Froome always has been a liar and a fraud is one I’ll stand by as long as here’s a discussion. He’s been caught in too many lies to count. No revisionism whatsoever.
His financial contract is to ride for 5 years from 2020, so like every single rider in the peloton and you and I, generally going to ride out their contract in order to be paid the full amount. He seems to really love racing and the results can't negate the contract so it is what it is, not sure it's that complicated, just people make everything about Froome so much more complicated than it needs to be to the point they're obsessive about every word he says and even faked ending his own career into a non-descript wall in France?

It's elite sport, there's no clean hands. Same as the elite in any endeavour. Just interested as to why you've singled him out.
Seems like I've made that clear several times. What are you missing?

His financial contract is to ride for 5 years from 2020, so like every single rider in the peloton and you and I, generally going to ride out their contract in order to be paid the full amount. He seems to really love racing and the results can't negate the contract so it is what it is, not sure it's that complicated, just people make everything about Froome so much more complicated than it needs to be to the point they're obsessive about every word he says and even faked ending his own career into a non-descript wall in France?
Again, someone suggested it wasn't about the money. I responded that I think it's obviously about the money. Does that mean I think he shouldn't ride out his contract? No. Do I think he's giving it his all? Not for a moment. Not complicated, other than you making an assumption about my meaning. That gets complicated.

I know it's fun to ascribe all kinds of intentions and motivations to people you don't know because it makes the offending statements feel better, but maybe people could try reading and reacting to what's actually said, rather than arguing points no one is making.

That'd be nice.

Reactions: veganrob
Yeah, Geraint Thomas (I know you will probably dismiss the story now that I wrote his name) had him on his podcast where they said he once found a homeless cat on a ride which seemed to be cold (or hungry or something like that). Then Froome took it in under his shirt and rode home with it and kept it.

So no.
That's cool, and yes he was a kid at the time of the story I referenced, but he did recount it with pride in his book. It's nice to see that there is a flip side to the story, but it doesn't mean the other part didn't happen.

So no.
WTF so now he stole a cat from someone?
What is a homeless cat? Did it have an upside down hat filled with coins and a sign next to it?

Guy steals someone's pet from the side of the road and you are praising him lol

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan