• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 170 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

sir fly said:
There's no comparison between Froomey and Contador.
While Froome is an extraordinary athlete and a personality, Contador is just an athlete overhyped by the bunch of immature "fans".

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSEEERRRRRR.... you have special pillow with Froomes "eggman" face printed on it and love him.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Froomes new Doped bike
Sunkyong-Cycle-Mower-300x225.jpg

Re: Re:

gunara said:
Electress said:
The only planet upon which Froome is a personality is his home planet. Maybe he's considered better looking than Bertie on that self same planet. But here on Earth, not a chance.

Lol, Electress, so true :D. You can compare Froome and Alberto all you want as cyclists, every measurable aspect from climbing power to toe size or whatever, and Froome might come out winning. But when it come to look and personality...they are in different groups, Chris is in the gruppetto and about to miss the cut.

Re bolded: Hum, when I compare them I think 6 (8) GTs to 1 :)

Carols said:
gunara said:
Electress said:
The only planet upon which Froome is a personality is his home planet. Maybe he's considered better looking than Bertie on that self same planet. But here on Earth, not a chance.

Lol, Electress, so true :D. You can compare Froome and Alberto all you want as cyclists, every measurable aspect from climbing power to toe size or whatever, and Froome might come out winning. But when it come to look and personality...they are in different groups, Chris is in the gruppetto and about to miss the cut.

Re bolded: Hum, when I compare them I think 6 (8) GTs to 1 :)

Of course, but I said 'might' so it's open to every argument that involve numbers and give Froome a chance :). The point of Electress' post is in the unbolded part anyway.

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
The real "Who is better looking of the top riders?" hierarchy:

Fabian/Wiggo
Froome
Cavendish
Porte
Kittel
Voigt
Boonen
Hejsedal
Andy
Horner
Contador
Dan Martin
Evans

I think most people would agree on that.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
The concentration of Contador's fans in this thread speaks volumes.
If Froome fanbois are going to resort to criticizing Contador's looks, personality and voice and speculating about his sexuality, of course that's going to attract Contador fans.[/quot
sir fly said:
LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
If Froome fanbois are going to resort to criticizing Contador's looks, personality and voice and speculating about his sexuality, of course that's going to attract Contador fans.
You certainly are attracted by Froome.

That's because he's an eggnigma ,,,did ya see what I did ,,,egg for his egg face....come on :D

PremierAndrew said:
LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
If Froome fanbois are going to resort to criticizing Contador's looks, personality and voice and speculating about his sexuality, of course that's going to attract Contador fans.
Tbf, that's exactly what Contador fan boys do to Froome :D
Not really, I do like to make fun of his riding style but I would never criticize him for any of the things posted above. He is a cyclist not a cover model. Ray j did mention Froome looks like an egg but that was a reply to SyroboiII who posted Froome is handsome and dreamy looking :p If I would post something about Contador's looks (as I have in the past) I would expect some replies stating he looks weird/strange/odd. :p It is something else to take cheap shots at a rider out of nowhere and even state things such as "Froome would lose to Contador in a Mr Gay contest" that's just wrong and stupid on so many levels.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

SyroboiII said:
Is that better than when Contador is riding, Ray?

288914591_0412b5e30b.jpg

That is a good image of Bertie. He has great balance,,, But check this one

Alberto_Contador_2875260b.jpg

Even wearing a hat like that on a night out in the big market [Newcastle] he still can pull " the ladies"

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
PremierAndrew said:
LaFlorecita said:
sir fly said:
Tbf, that's exactly what Contador fan boys do to Froome :D
Not really, I do like to make fun of his riding style but I would never criticize him for any of the things posted above. He is a cyclist not a cover model. Ray j did mention Froome looks like an egg but that was a reply to SyroboiII who posted Froome is handsome and dreamy looking :p If I would post something about Contador's looks (as I have in the past) I would expect some replies stating he looks weird/strange/odd. :p It is something else to take cheap shots at a rider out of nowhere and even state things such as "Froome would lose to Contador in a Mr Gay contest" that's just wrong and stupid on so many levels.

So you are admitting that Froome is better looking than Contador? :) I'm just stating the obvious, that more women and homosexual men would be attracted to Froome rather than Contador.

Froome is tall, lean and handsome. Contador, not so much.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:

No need to take it so personally, unless you are a girl friend of Contador. And even if you were, you should understand that it was only a kind of humor, because everyone knows that Alpuerto is a real man, full of testosterone and strong as a Spanish beef bull.

harryh said:
LaFlorecita said:

No need to take it so personally, unless you are a girl friend of Contador. And even if you were, you should understand that it was only a kind of humor, because everyone knows that Alpuerto is a real man, full of testosterone and strong as a Spanish beef bull.
I did not take it personally and I do think most of it was humor and the rest was trolling :) but humor and trolling do not excuse distasteful comments.

LaFlorecita said:
harryh said:
LaFlorecita said:

I did not take it personally and I do think most of it was humor and the rest was trolling :) but humor and trolling do not excuse distasteful comments.
Pardon me for noticing, but you're an epitome of distaste when it comes to comments about Contador's rivals.

TRENDING THREADS