• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 240 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
I don't care a great deal about snake story, but I do think he has an ugly cat.

B6XaUlaCYAAE0j-.jpg

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
willbick said:
Contador rides like he's got one leg 6" shorter than the other
On twitter I saw someone post Froome "cycles with the elegance of an octopus playing the bagpipes".

Ha

On the ADH stage as they descended the top of the Glandon Froome got himself low down and in front of his saddle then began the hyper speed legs, the French commentator laughed out loud at the ridiculous style! Tell you what though I've been mighty impressed by Froomes descending skills. Helped win him this Tour.

I'm confident he'll be remembered as one of the greats by the time he's retired. 4 or 5 TdF's is my guess. I can't see him getting 6, which would break the record, due to his crash last year and having to play second fiddle to Wiggins in 2012. Would have been nice to have got at least one win from those 2 years but it wasn't to be.

ray j willings said:
willbick said:

Perhaps the most insightful post ever on this forum.
Incredible analysis.
Do you have any scientific papers published?

I know you're understandably disappointed that your man has now gone six years without winning the world's biggest bike race but please don't take it out on fellow forum members.

JRanton said:
ray j willings said:
willbick said:

Incredible analysis.

I know you're understandably disappointed that your man has now gone six years without winning the world's biggest bike race but please don't take it out on fellow forum members.
Says the guy who was insulting fellow forum members because of which riders they support just a day ago :rolleyes:

Re:

Hayabusa said:
I reckon 3 is the limit for Froome. I just see someone else eventually emerging ahead (might be Quintana). If he can maximise his opportunities over the next couple of years and luck goes his way then he may get more.

With regards to Quintana a lot will depend on how many ITT km's will be included in the Tour going forward. This route was made for him. At only 25, it's likely that he will get even stronger so ASO shouldn't feel the need to try and gift him and Colombia a Tour win. Let's see him earn it out on the road, with a minimum of one 50km flat ITT included in the route.

LaFlorecita said:
JRanton said:
ray j willings said:
willbick said:

Incredible analysis.

Says the guy who was insulting fellow forum members because of which riders they support just a day ago :rolleyes:

Froome and Sky have been subjected to horrendous bullying so it's only right that some people stand up for them.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

JRanton said:
ray j willings said:
willbick said:

Incredible analysis.

It was a great win for Froome, but you have to admit that his form in this tour only confirms that his form at the Vuelta last year was as good as it gets. When he comes up against a strong Bertie or now a strong Quintana Froome will have to somehow improve if wants to beat them in GT.

like I said in a previous post a well deserved victory.

ray j willings said:
JRanton said:
ray j willings said:
willbick said:

Incredible analysis.

It was a great win for Froome, but you have to admit that his form in this tour only confirms that his form at the Vuelta last year was as good as it gets. When he comes up against a strong Bertie or now a strong Quintana Froome will have to somehow improve if wants to beat them in GT.

like I said in a previous post a well deserved victory.

As I said in the Contador thread, neither were at 100 percent at that Vuelta and both deserve their respective GTs. We have not yet seen a 100 percent Contador vs a 100 percent Froome.

Re:

Hayabusa said:
Definitely true, that is something that Quintana will have to work at. I tend to see riders having a window of 4-5 years to win the Tour. I reckon Froomes window willl be 2013-2017 before his chances go.
I don't think Froome will win the Tour next year. Contador (and Nibali perhaps) will be super motivated and Froome will have post-Tour sponsor responsibilities and his first child is on the way. From 2017 onwards he could win 1 more Tour, but I don't see him winning more than 3 total because Quintana and other young riders will take over and new challengers will emerge. It may be good to remember after 2010, people thought Contador would go on to beat Lance's record.

I do think really that Froome is a good guy and super strong, but looking at him on the bike is almost disgusting, he looks like a praying mantis on it. And it doesnt help that he is constantly looking at his watts machine all the way. He is a computer made cyclist, the opposite for example of riders like Valverde.

Re:

Fernandez said:
I do think really that Froome is a good guy and super strong, but looking at him on the bike is almost disgusting, he looks like a praying mantis on it. And it doesnt help that he is constantly looking at his watts machine all the way. He is a computer made cyclist, the opposite for example of riders like Valverde.

Except that he isn't looking at his watts machine when he looks down. Well done.

TRENDING THREADS