• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 341 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Gloin22 said:
cantpedal said:
Gloin22 said:
movingtarget said:
Not bad for an awful bike handler ! Quintana has to respond tomorrow and I am sure he will try.

Well the descent was just straight roads..you hardly have to be a good bike handler for that.

Kudos anyway, he knows Quintana will gain time on him now and needs buffer for 3rd week. And he doesn't have the cobbles help he had last year. He needs 2 minutes on Nairo to be comfortable in last week imho.
what race were you watching? Straight roads?

For a descent, yes way. There were few corners at end but hardly challenging.

As descents go this was the least technical descent you can find.

Nope, this descent is more technical than Poggio according to his fans

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
TBH there were not too many corners but from the ones they did show on screen he was taking some real good lines. Was defo a hair rasier watching some of those bends.

cantpedal said:
Gloin22 said:
movingtarget said:
Not bad for an awful bike handler ! Quintana has to respond tomorrow and I am sure he will try.

Well the descent was just straight roads..you hardly have to be a good bike handler for that.

Kudos anyway, he knows Quintana will gain time on him now and needs buffer for 3rd week. And he doesn't have the cobbles help he had last year. He needs 2 minutes on Nairo to be comfortable in last week imho.

I was joking. Does everyone need a smiley symbol these days to know when someone is joking ?

movingtarget said:
cantpedal said:
Gloin22 said:
movingtarget said:

I was joking. Does everyone need a smiley symbol these days to know when someone is joking ?

was in response to gloin

Wow. I'm cheering for Quintana. But wow.....to ride in that position after almost 5 hours in the saddle and still pedal shows how strong he is. The guy is a complete rider. There were plenty of curves on that descent......enough to tear a tire off the rim. Still hope Quintana can take some time on the MTF tomorrow but Froome earned respect today.

Great move by him today, but risky at the same time. In the end time gained was small enough to ask if the effort was worth it. Overall favourites don't take risks for fun, Froome must feel he needs those unorthodox moves. Which is a bit unusual, given how confident he has been in his strenght during past Tours. Tomorrow should give us some answers or at least hints of what to expect further down the road.

I'm no fan of Froome and don't like seeing him win the Tour again, but I do respect the way he has become almost complete GC rider, also mastering the skills not purely related to power and strenght.

Wow!
Incredible ride by the defending champion. When he went through those corners, I had my heart in my mouth. Took crazy risks but it did pay off. Chapeau Chris.
Privileged to see such an incredible ride. To hold off Valverde is not easy; on the contrary he gained time. Plus the position. Crazy day and hoping for a few more such days.

El Pistolero said:
rick james said:
He is saying he is getting abuse for pushing that fan away

He didn't push, he hit him with a fist in his face. Showing his true nature.

It's not like spectators ever cause unnecessary crashes, so it's totally unreasonable for Froome to be pissed at someone who could potentially end his Tour and all the training he must have put in to get here.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

rick james said:
El Pistolero said:
rick james said:
He is saying he is getting abuse for pushing that fan away

He didn't push, he hit him with a fist in his face. Showing his true nature.
Offt, someone is hurting...what the money if you were at the side of the road you'd throw a cup of piss at him?

To be fair, that cup never tested positive for urine. We cannot rule out that it was Heineken

TRENDING THREADS