• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 358 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Congrats to Froome. Fully deserved, despite of riding it in a bit of a conservative way compared to the previous two wins. On the plus side this year he has shown that he is now a really truly complete rider. Good descender, willing to take risks (maybe too many, looking at yesterday). Kudos!

He's been fading in the third week again.
16 seconds he lost to Quintana in last two stages.

Ridiculous fact.

Two stages and the Yellow jersey for a fortnight is the measure of his Tour.
We won't count the seconds here and there...

What's he's saying on France2?
Commenting on Mont Ventoux and bike changes.
Technology and questions about doping.

Thanking to FranceTV by gifting a jersey to presenter.

Re:

Kwibus said:
Shame he had no challenger this Tour.

Very true. Very weak contenders. Besides the fact that having a team of aliens working for him made a massive difference, almost shutting down even thinking of an attack.

Guess we will never know how it would have ended up without such a superior team. Probably very differently. Perhaps he would have won anyway, but not so effortlessly.

Re: Re:

huge said:
Kwibus said:
Shame he had no challenger this Tour.

Very true. Very weak contenders. Besides the fact that having a team of aliens working for him made a massive difference, almost shutting down even thinking of an attack.

Guess we will never know how it would have ended up without such a superior team. Probably very differently. Perhaps he would have won anyway, but not so effortlessly.
He would have won as easily, I think.The best on the MTFs and clearly the best on the ITT's

Re:

yaco said:
Did what was needed but the profile suited him perfectly with 2 TT'S. Unlikely to get such a suitable profile in 2017. Anyway think he will ride the Giro in 2017.
It's time to serve him a fat juicy 50k itt.

In the interview for FranceTV he said he'll come back for fourth.
I'm not sure he'll visit Giro... Sky can send a strong team there, nevertheless.
Two GT squads they can assemble when healthy. It's just a matter of leader.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
Did what was needed but the profile suited him perfectly with 2 TT'S. Unlikely to get such a suitable profile in 2017. Anyway think he will ride the Giro in 2017.
I don't think that he'll like the Giro, durning yesterdays stage I almost got some Giro Wiggins flashbacks, it's probably the worst gt for him and winning a Vuelta would probably be a bigger deal for Froome, he really seems to like the Vuelta.

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site

Mayomaniac said:
yaco said:
I don't think that he'll like the Giro, durning yesterdays stage I almost got some Giro Wiggins flashbacks, it's probably the worst gt for him and winning a Vuelta would probably be a bigger deal for Froome, he really seems to like the Vuelta.

Vuelta was the first GT where he started to shine. He holds great memories, and spanish fans really aprecciate his participation. Congratz to Froome for his 3rd Tour - clearly the next dominant rider after Contador.

Personally, I'd love Froome to win a Vuelta, he's always been brave and generous, putting a show. As an AC fan I've really enjoyed this rivalry the both have.

Mayomaniac said:
yaco said:

100th Giro will be an attraction for riders and teams. It is the least suitable of the GT'S for Froome.

TRENDING THREADS