• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 372 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters
Re:

Poursuivant said:
What do you all make of NQ claiming he needs a three minute buffer before the TT? I think right now he knows he is strongest, and this is when we see him attack, when he knows he is the strongest. As for the three minute margin, I actually don't see Froome putting more than a minute into him.
I read somewhere (can't remember where exactly) that the 3 minute remark was made jokingly, but I haven't seen the interview or anything. As for who actually needs what time gap, I really wouldn't dare to make any predictions at this point.

Re:

Poursuivant said:
What do you all make of NQ claiming he needs a three minute buffer before the TT? I think right now he knows he is strongest, and this is when we see him attack, when he knows he is the strongest. As for the three minute margin, I actually don't see Froome putting more than a minute into him.

Ir depends the win of that stage, but in the cuurrent strenth of both of them, no more than one minute...1:33 http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=28113 is what he lost with Domoulin last year, and he was clearly weaker, unable to drop anybody in the mountains..although he recovered at the end after some health problems.

Think this three minute thing is an in joke in the peleton - A.Yates made the same remark before the first TT of the TDF - It refers to if Froome has his best day in the ITT,then if his main opposition have a bad day, there could be a 3 minute gap - And especially worrisome if you are riding in front of Frrome - Nothing more embarrassing than being passed in an IT by a direct rival.

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Chris Froome Retweeted
Tour de Froome ‏@tourdefroome 1h1 hour ago
"Still, tomorrow, amigos, we ride Peña Cabarga. On Peña Cabarga, we would live or die. Olé." - From "The Climb" by @chrisfroome

lol , this guy has a weird sense of humor

this collage was also funny, why frenchies find it hard to win the tour

BvlL9VRIcAEP_FX.jpg

CIvbpUzWoAA8Wgi.jpg

Impressive.

I now hope for Froome to go to the Giro (not in top shape with a team that is slightly less than Tour standard) against a top shape Nibali with a ridiculously strong Bahrain team, with Aru unleashing his full potential with his 2015 team. That would be really fun.

Re: Re:

Pricey_sky said:
King Boonen said:
Ominous...

Indeed, if he does ride himself into form as the Vuelta goes on like he suggested then Quintana needs more than the 50-odd seconds he currently holds going in to that TT.

It's silly to base the rest of the Vuelta off one stage, but if we do... Nairo and Movistar will be worried based on that. They couldn't drop Froome before Nairo went. Nairo couldn't drop Froome and then he lost the bonus seconds. If he is going to lose about 1 minute in the TT he needs to win mountain stages, either with a gap or picking up bonuses and if Froome is getting better that's not going to happen.

MatParker117 said:
Pricey_sky said:
King Boonen said:
Ominous...

Indeed, if he does ride himself into form as the Vuelta goes on like he suggested then Quintana needs more than the 50-odd seconds he currently holds going in to that TT.

If Froome keeps taking time that advantage could be a two minute deficit after the TT.

I think today suited Froome more than Quintana, but the weekends multi mountain stages will obviously be key and could favour Nairo. However if Froome is getting stronger then Quintana is going to struggle to drop Froome which he will need to do heading into that TT.

Basically it's all up in the air and we are in for a great final half of the race. :D

MatParker117 said:
Pricey_sky said:
King Boonen said:
Ominous...

If Froome keeps taking time that advantage could be a two minute deficit after the TT.

lol, based on what? He shown he is just about stronger on short steep finishes but not on the real summit finish. And we have two big mountains before the TT

TRENDING THREADS