• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 667 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Well here's one ticked-off already of the cliches our Chris will utter post-TdF. He had only just finished today's TT when he came out with: "I hope to come back to my best level."

Chris Froome spoke to France Télévisions after his time trial. “This is a super nice day in the vineyards, it’s not bad here!”, the four-time winner said. “It’s been a really difficult Tour de France for me, very different from the other years I did it, but I’m delighted to have come back to this beautiful race. I took a lot of confidence in this experience. I hope to come back to my best level, but step by step. Thanks to everyone for the support!”

He finished today's TT 123rd out of 142 starters.
Why on earth would he consider starting the Vuelta in just four weeks?
What would he seriously hope to gain?
Unfortunately Chris Froome is not even at the level of a useful domestique for ISN.
Do they think he is going to turn the clock back ten years and suddenly, from out of nowhere, take the Vuelta by storm?
Save yourself the suffering Chris and duck out of this three weeks of futility.

I will give Froome credit for finishing the race. I was convinced he wouldn't before the start.

I wonder what ISN management is thinking right now.? Obviously Froome best days are well past him and paying him 5.5M might be the worst contract in the history of professional cycling.

Does ISN care about the salary or do they think of the 5.5M as billionaire play money? I would think they are actually going to have to go out and sign some different guys next year if they actually want any results and 5.5M could bring in 2 top 20 guys plus a really good domestic.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS