• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 669 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Vasseur talks about Viviani... and ends up discussing Froome...

Of course, we are disappointed with the results. We’re grateful for what he gave us in terms of his image, and we became a bigger team with his name but a name today is not enough. You can see that in Israel with Chris Froome," Vasseur said.

"As a manager, you have a hard time explaining to your riders that you have someone who is earning ten or twenty times more salary than guys who are stronger than him. In a cycling team, you must have a logical scale for salaries. If someone is taking a lot of money they must be providing results.

It reminds me of that time in the Tour a few years ago when a policeman pulled Froome off his bike.

Chris Froome swears at policeman who pulled him off bike after Tour de France stage 17 – video | Sport | The Guardian

"F you!".

Imagine if he'd said the same today when he was stopped? There would have been lots of lols.

Wasn't that incident pretty much the reason riders are now equipped with little armbands when going down the mountains after having finished?
And whistles to warn the crowds...

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
He was OK yesterday in Germany working for Greipel and he didnt lose time.

I was talking with one of his directors in Burgos. He told me he wanst to ride la Vuelta becouse he wanst at the level expected after le Tour and he was checking possible heath issues to understand the problem.

But his current director in Germany said he is better and the hope Froome in the race not just to help the team for the sprint, but to be part of those who tried to get the stage in a final attack.

Anyway the weather is bad and it is predicted bad. And Froome likes good weather. I hope more for him at Tour of Slovakia, but we will see how is him there and the weather,

Last edited:
He was OK yesterday in Germany working for Greipel and he didnt lose time.

I was talking with one of his directors in Burgos. He told me he wanst to ride la Vuelta becouse he wanst at the level expected after le Tour and he was checking possible heath issues to understand the problem.

But his current director in Germany said he is better and the hope Froome in the race not just to help the team for the sprint, but to be part of those who tried to get the stage in a final attack.

Anyway the weather is bad and it is predicted bad. And Froome likes good weather. I hope more for him at Tour of Slovakia, but we will see how is him there and the weather,
Taxus have you spoken with Landismo recently??

Reactions: TourOfSardinia

TRENDING THREADS