• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 681 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Well quite 3 Giro, 3 TdF and 3 vuelta has a pleasing symmetry to it.
However if we are saying we are counting 9, there is no way VN > AC.
Maybe shark beats pistol.
Only thing Nibali has over him counting 9 is GT stage wins and monument and classic success.

True though there was those saying he should have won it regardless without the time bonuses at the time.
On a different subject, that’s a great album.

Stretching on Instagram (apparently)
froome-allenamento-k1LG--528x329@Gazzetta-Web_528x329.jpg

Pravilo is a Russian method of fitness training designed to stretch, strengthen, and enhance physical performance. The method was developed in ancient Russia and was used by warriors before battle

In this monologue like interview
I can't make sense of this quote
"There’s no guarantee that I can win another Tour, a fifth Tour,
after what happened and what I’ve been through.
I know that, but it remains my goal.
That’s what drives me to give 100 per cent,"
What does the that (i.e the motivation) refer to?

Reactions: Sandisfan
In this monologue like interview
I can't make sense of this quote

What does the that (i.e the motivation) refer to?
Refer to: Remain his goal.

I ve seen him quite strong this end of season, so I hope he will star close to Pogacar in the desert,

The persperctive about his level this year would have been much different without that crash at le Tour.

Three important things IMO in that interview:

- He refuted reports that he is earning €5 million a season, removing any financial pressure for him to be a Tour de France contender.

I dont Know if that is true...Not is my bussiness, but it would be interesting to know.

- Few people noticed, but Froome made the selection during the Milano-Torino one-day race in early October when Deceuninck-QuickStep attacked in the crosswinds.

That is important, becouse I think he refered the move 55 Km from the finis line,,and he was as well controlling a Quick step attack just before the first climb to Superga at 33 from the finish... It was a Masnada, Devenyns and Vansevenant attack. they take 6 secpnd advantage, and it was Froome, with a solo strong push of 37 second long, who rejoing that small group with Pogacar. Roglic, Allaphillipe and Valverde ....
For "non undertanding cycling" people that day was a day of : another DNF of Froome, but that day he showed a level no so far to his best in the past at SKY.

- "I was gravely injured in that crash two years go but it was in June that I felt the injuries were behind me. I see that moment as the zero point in my road to recovery and being back to my full self.

I has sense, becouse he was much better at Dauphine that in previous races and instead he crashed seriusly at first stage of le Tour he managed to finish the race and hel the team.

Last edited:
Three important things IMO in that interview:

- He refuted reports that he is earning €5 million a season, removing any financial pressure for him to be a Tour de France contender.

I dont Know if that is true...Not is my bussiness, but it would be interesting to know.

- Few people noticed, but Froome made the selection during the Milano-Torino one-day race in early October when Deceuninck-QuickStep attacked in the crosswinds.

That is important, becouse I think he refered the move 55 Km from the finis line,,and he was as well controlling a Quick step attack just before the first climb to Superga at 33 from the finish... It was a Masnada, Devenyns and Vansevenant attack. they take 6 secpnd advantage, and it was Froome, with a solo strong push of 37 second long, who rejoing that small group with Pogacar. Roglic, Allaphillipe and Valverde ....
For "non undertanding cycling" people that day was a day of : another DNF of Froome, but that day he showed a level no so far to his best in the past at SKY.

- "I was gravely injured in that crash two years go but it was in June that I felt the injuries were behind me. I see that moment as the zero point in my road to recovery and being back to my full self.

I has sense, becouse he was much better at Dauphine that in previous races and instead he crashed seriusly at first stage of le Tour he managed to finish the race and hel the team.

You're like an Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fan, no offense (aka things won't just magically get better because the guy you support says so). I mean you can find interviews from over a year ago in which Froome claims he has recovered from his crash. It's all just empty words.

He won't win the Tour again & he'll even most certainly never compete at the business end of a GT again either. It's done. He's just deluding his fans with these constant rehashed promises regarding finding GT winning form.

You're like an Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fan, no offense (aka things won't just magically get better because the guy you support says so). I mean you can find interviews from over a year ago in which Froome claims he has recovered from his crash. It's all just empty words.

He won't win the Tour again & he'll even most certainly never compete at the business end of a GT again either. It's done. He's just deluding his fans with these constant rehashed promises regarding finding GT winning form.

This season has been historic. The CYCLING showed by people as Van der Poel, Van Aert, Allaphillipe, Pogacar, evenepoel Roglic, Carapaz, has been amazing and let us dream with the best time of this sport. But the work done By Chris, IMO, is the most important thing about cycling this year. Of course I think is very difficul he get a level close to his best, but I dont writte that of..and even at his best to bear Pgacar would be difficul, close to his best is dependon luck to get a podium at le Tour, To be top ten of course mean to show much more than showed this year. But I insists that if he didnt crash at le Tour or he didnt puntured in that moment at Sicily, everybodu looked much different abpout his current level.

And for that people will be surprised wwith the level he will show in a few months.

I know he has done similar sentences a year ago, but it possible he was too much optimistic about the speed of recovery, or the importance to get at the same level both legs. Of course that make me doubts, but anyway, if he cant improve more after to fight till the end , it would be ok.

This season has been historic. The CYCLING showed by people as Van der Poel, Van Aert, Allaphillipe, Pogacar, evenepoel Roglic, Carapaz, has been amazing and let us dream with the best time of this sport. But the work done By Chris, IMO, is the most important thing about cycling this year. Of course I think is very difficul he get a level close to his best, but I dont writte that of..and even at his best to bear Pgacar would be difficul, close to his best is dependon luck to get a podium at le Tour, To be top ten of course mean to show much more than showed this year. But I insists that if he didnt crash at le Tour or he didnt puntured in that moment at Sicily, everybodu looked much different abpout his current level.

And for that people will be surprised wwith the level he will show in a few months.

I know he has done similar sentences a year ago, but it possible he was too much optimistic about the speed of recovery, or the importance to get at the same level both legs. Of course that make me doubts, but anyway, if he cant improve more after to fight till the end , it would be ok.

Tommy+Lee+Jones.jpg

Annemiek would destroy him
think he should start identifying as a female, perhaps even making the transition, and he'll get a good shot at winning a 5th tour.
Did froome stole your wifes? Why you are with so resentment against him...calm down, let the guy talk what he wants, he's free to say what he wants, freedom of speech.
If now he's a sh*t, why you always come here like a bunch of wild dogs mock him and give in importance.....
Stop with that, it's really stupid mock him, he's a legend with seven grand tours, and with a lot of money :tearsofjoy:

Did froome stole your wifes? Why you are with so resentment against him...calm down, let the guy talk what he wants, he's free to say what he wants, freedom of speech.
If now he's a sh*t, why you always come here like a bunch of wild dogs mock him and give in importance.....
Stop with that, it's really stupid mock him, he's a legend with seven grand tours, and with a lot of money :tearsofjoy:
What's your point here? You are quoting me when I simply pointed out Annemiek's awesomeness. Are you against Annemiek? Or being sexist in some way? Or just not like people being critical of Froomey?

In a single post, both espousing free speech to defend Froome, and chiding forum members for exercising it. Genius.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS