• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 733 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
This thread is going to be a gold mine (with posts like these) once Froome wins a stage and proves over half of the posts here from the last three years utterly wrong.
This after placing 112th today, losing 1:16 in a 13.2 k TT?

I want some of what you’re smoking.

He's a very positive guy

:D:D:D He’s a the most prolific purveyor of BS in the history of cycling.

Last edited:
This after placing 112th today, losing 1:16 in a 13.2 k TT?

I want some of what you’re smoking.
Meh. Well given the weather conditions and that he isn't going for GC anyway i reckon he lost a minute just by avoiding risks, soft-pedaling and lack of TT training. Let's see on July 8 how much those 10-15 watts and "the legs are feeling great" are worth.

(My prediction was that 10-15W should be little enough so to still be able to follow top 10 GC riders. I do have a slight inkling this prediction may end up getting falsified rather brutally once pogi attacks, but hey.)

Meh. Well given the weather conditions and that he isn't going for GC anyway i reckon he lost a minute just by avoiding risks, soft-pedaling and lack of TT training. Let's see on July 8 how much those 10-15 watts and "the legs are feeling great" are worth.
Why would anyone accept what Froome says about his form, his watts, or anything at face value? He’s lied so many times about so many things it beggars the imagination that people pay any attention to his comments.

Nothing he has done would indicate he’s anywhere near in the form to win a stage. Pay attention to what he does, not what he says.

Seems he got caught up as well

FWrB0QQWIAsPeJJ

Smart TT by Chris yesterday - it was the first part of the grand plan.
Now the second part of the plan: gain time in a breakaway.
The third part of the plan will be Pogacar saying "f**k you" to Froome sticking to his wheel in the mountains.

Go for #5 Chris!
I’d be pretty pissed off too if it felt like I was riding for two people and I turn around and Froome has a rope attached to his and my bike so I could tow him along.

TRENDING THREADS