• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 827 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
He is back this saturday at Estella, Navarra, Spain, at GP Miguel Indurain, also known as Gran Premio de Estella.
I think leader of the team will be Woods, but they have as well Bennet and Williams They are not at Pais Vasco as most of the teams.

I hope to be there and stay with Froomy, If you have any question for him or any other riders of the startlist, tell me.

That's great Taxus4a, lucky you!
Here are a few queries you might like to try for me:
  • How much does he weigh?
  • Is there any fat to lose?
  • Does the asthma still bother him?
it would be difficult, but I ll try it. They dont use to answer those kind of question even at important journalist. Last time I show Froome was Vuelta a España at Irún, with pandemia and he was one of the few was close to people. Whem he was a leader it was more difficult to get close. But they are questions very interesting to ask him if some media want.

I hate it when this Chris Froome thread drops down into obscurity.
I welcome anything on the magic Kenyan to bring him back up to the top - where he belongs.

I always wondered, if Froome was a black Kenyan born, SouthAfrican raised kid who then got the British passport, if people would call him Kenyan jokingly or not. and if some people did, how the reactions would be

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I always wondered, if Froome was a black Kenyan born, SouthAfrican raised kid who then got the British passport, if people would call him Kenyan jokingly or not. and if some people did, how the reactions would be
They would react the same way people would to hearing Mo Farah described as "a Somalian" - ie they would, in the words of Lance Armstrong: "lose their s***."

Reactions: pastronef
He is back this saturday at Estella, Navarra, Spain, at GP Miguel Indurain, also known as Gran Premio de Estella.
I think leader of the team will be Woods, but they have as well Bennet and Williams They are not at Pais Vasco as most of the teams.

I hope to be there and stay with Froomy, If you have any question for him or any other riders of the startlist, tell me.
Sadly, Chris Froome no longer appears on the start list for this race.
We will be forced to wait a little longer for his explosion back onto the World Tour scene.

He is washed up and has unfortunately made himself an easy target for jokes. But his palmares speak for themselves. He is easily the greatest rider of the 21st century, and post-Indurain really, and if we are only judging Grand Tour success, he may even be the best since Hinault.
He hasn't shown much since his comeback though, but his 3rd place on Alpe d'Huez in the Tour 2022 showed that his effort wasn't completely wasted.

He is washed up and has unfortunately made himself an easy target for jokes. But his palmares speak for themselves. He is easily the greatest rider of the 21st century, and post-Indurain really, and if we are only judging Grand Tour success, he may even be the best since Hinault.
He hasn't shown much since his comeback though, but his 3rd place on Alpe d'Huez in the Tour 2022 showed that his effort wasn't completely wasted.
He wanst everyday on the bagoon to give everything that day, he was quite up at GC before Covid trying to get the break every mountain stage, so that 3rd at the queen stage has his merit. But it was the day he was close to the GC riders, even better than Bardet and with Enric Mas that gives me some hopes.

Depends if he's winning or not..

If he wins, he's British. If he loses, he's an African. Just like Geraint. When he does well he's british, when he fails, he's a welsh sheep s******

When most of your media just highlights the products you're promoting, it probably speaks that you aren't much of a racer anymore.

Christopher Froome has been named as a starter for Israel PremierTech at the four-stage Giro d'Abruzzo starting on April 9.
He will be the ceremonial team leader at the Italian race as he has been assigned number 81.
It will be a challenging parcours for Froome with a total of 11,443 metres of climbing to overcome

• Wow
Reactions: TourOfSardinia