• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chris Hoy - hard work and dreaming big

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pity old Kimmage (or anyone) can't seem to come up with anything of any substance at all then, isn't it.......
Walsh got his evidence on Armstrong handed to him on a plate..........as for 'invented illnesses' etc .....truisms thought up and then self-perpetuated and reinforced nowhere but on cycling news 'clinic' forum can be given all the credibility they deserve ha ha ha ha

Mark L

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
fanboys who continue to believe even though all logic and common sense says they are wrong.

sky fans are almost exactly the same as Lance fans. Just take a look at bikeretard.

This again.

Try to respond to other posters without name calling.

Assuming a rider must be doping because he beats other riders who you also assume dope based on the assumption that all pro athletes in every sport everywhere dope isn't common sense and it sure as sh*t isn't evidence.

You continue to make the flawed assumption of assuming I'm a sky fan.

Finally, an objective review of the weight of evidence against Hoy could only conclude that it isn't so much as a flea on the backside of the evidence against Armstrong.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Nope, your type all claimed that none of that counted as evidence. Now that lance fell and the current cyclists adapt and immunize themselves somewhat against the weaknesses lance had, y'all move the goalposts and say - oh those things are evidence, but having doping doctors on the team, riding faster than lance or being caught out totally lying about a riders medical situation and history means nothing. And the fans after you will say things like- I wonder what it was like around here with Evans when y'all had actual evidence he was a Ferrari client, or - I wonder what it was like around here with froome when it was known sky had made up an illness to cover for him. And once the next gen adapts the signs that they are doping will also be dismissed as meaningless while the things now being dismissed will be treated as if they should have been considered important all along.

Why are you so keen to lower the standard of what you consider to be evidence?

This is a Chris Hoy thread. The current evidence against win is that he won while riding a bike. Really should we not be aiming for something more than that before condemning him?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
This again.

Try to respond to other posters without name calling.

Assuming a rider must be doping because he beats other riders who you also assume dope based on the assumption that all pro athletes in every sport everywhere dope isn't common sense and it sure as sh*t isn't evidence.

You continue to make the flawed assumption of assuming I'm a sky fan.

Finally, an objective review of the weight of evidence against Hoy could only conclude that it isn't so much as a flea on the backside of the evidence against Armstrong.

lol, when you tried that objective review on the mountain of evidence against sky you came to the conclusion they are cleans, so how exactly is anyone going to convince you? short of a positive test, everyone is cleans forever and always in your eyes.

I didn't call you a demented Nazi........You are making that up........I did respond to your inanity about not being able to provide evidence that certain riders were clean as having some bearing on their cleanliness by asking you to prove you aren't a paedo......on the understanding that if you couldnt it would have some bearing on whether you are a paedo....you didn't and what was worse was that the question disappeared.......almost as it you get a free pass from the authorities (you won't get the analogy....but there will be a ripple of chuckles going round here as you frantically stab at the report button)

Mark L

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
lol, when you tried that objective review on the mountain of evidence against sky you came to the conclusion they are cleans, so how exactly is anyone going to convince you? short of a positive test, everyone is cleans forever and always in your eyes.

Poor post.

Firstly your assertion that I have come to the 'conclusion they are cleans' is fundamentally flawed. I have reviewed the evidence I have read and have concluded that I haven't seen enough to be convinced that either the team or any particular rider is definitely cheating. It should be qualified that I'm in no particular hurry to rush to judgement on that. I see no merit in having been the first to 'call it' or feel any pressure to jump on the bandwagon.

Secondly this insistence that I require a 'positive test' is untrue and becoming a tired meme.

Have you any evidence relating to the eponymous Chris Hoy you would like to discuss? The thread page count is well into double figures and I must say the absence of anything tangible is starting to make the thread seem like a trojan horse for yet another Sky discussion.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
Poor post.

Firstly your assertion that I have come to the 'conclusion they are cleans' is fundamentally flawed. I have reviewed the evidence I have read and have concluded that I haven't seen enough to be convinced that either the team or any particular rider is definitely cheating. It should be qualified that I'm in no particular hurry to rush to judgement on that. I see no merit in having been the first to 'call it' or feel any pressure to jump on the bandwagon.

Secondly this insistence that I require a 'positive test' is untrue and becoming a tired meme.

Have you any evidence relating to the eponymous Chris Hoy you would like to discuss? The thread page count is well into double figures and I must say the absence of anything tangible is starting to make the thread seem like a trojan horse for yet another Sky discussion.
Thanks. The "I am not sure" trolling has been tried before.

You are not a sky fan, but 99% of your posts are in sky or british related threads.

Yeah. Im gonna stop wasting my time with this idiocy.

TailWindHome said:
Why are you so keen to lower the standard of what you consider to be evidence?

This is a Chris Hoy thread. The current evidence against win is that he won while riding a bike.

That's underselling it quite a bit. Its that he dominated a pure physical power sport during a time which overwhelming evidence suggests all sport and especially the olympics was rife with doping.

That's not the same as just winning a race on a bike. Am i not wrong in saying that in the entire history of the olympics no cyclist has been as successful as Chris Hoy? Most gold medals and most medals too from what I can see.

And I apologize for my term,- y'all. You're right, I was wrong to generalize you that way.

Tonton said:
British cycling was nothing. Then track, then road racing. That in a nutshell is the history of doping. Full circle.

So, you and Hitch are saying that kind of like the new Spanish Golden Era and their newfound prominence in futbol, tennis and cycling among others, that if somebody, some group, region or country all of the sudden comes out of nowhere to dominate one or more sports we should be suspicious?

Goodness.

;)

Dave.

I feel considerably dumber having read this thread...

Agree with the above - dominating any sport through one of sports most "doped" eras (assuming that this isn't the case now - which is an assumption I don't wish to make...), if not condemning on "evidence" rings massive alarm bells for me. IMHO.

I have included in my analysis of this above statement my personal favourite sports team that won 3 AFL grand finals back to back (and made the GF 5 years in a row) in the early 2000's. If they weren't up to their eyeballs in it, I don't know who was.

Do I have any photographs of Hoy with a blood bag attached, or a syringe sticking out of his arm? Sorry...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
heart_attack_man said:
I feel considerably dumber having read this thread...

Agree with the above - dominating any sport through one of sports most "doped" eras (assuming that this isn't the case now - which is an assumption I don't wish to make...), if not condemning on "evidence" rings massive alarm bells for me. IMHO.

I have included in my analysis of this above statement my personal favourite sports team that won 3 AFL grand finals back to back (and made the GF 5 years in a row) in the early 2000's. If they weren't up to their eyeballs in it, I don't know who was.

Do I have any photographs of Hoy with a blood bag attached, or a syringe sticking out of his arm? Sorry...
Brisbane only played in 4 in a row, losing to Port Adelaide in the last one didnt they?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
So, you and Hitch are saying that kind of like the new Spanish Golden Era and their newfound prominence in futbol, tennis and cycling among others, that if somebody, some group, region or country all of the sudden comes out of nowhere to dominate one or more sports we should be suspicious?

Goodness.

;)

Dave.
you mean "good grief"

The Spanish dont even have Chariots of Fire or Gordonstoun. And their muscular christianity is a different type to the Protestantism.

sounds legit

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
heart_attack_man said:
Yep - I stand corrected. The point definitely remains... :)
and Geelong, and Hawthorn, and Collingwood. Everyone is on it. not just Brisbane and their cannula half time rehydration <eyes roll> no doping <sarcasm>

blackcat said:
and Geelong, and Hawthorn, and Collingwood. Everyone is on it. not just Brisbane and their cannula half time rehydration <eyes roll> no doping <sarcasm>

Yep - in hindsight, it makes me LOL at how brazen they actually were.

If I recall correctly, I think they also used to talk about altitude tents and what-not...

Edit: Sorry for the OT...

blackcat said:
you mean "good grief"

The Spanish dont even have Chariots of Fire or Gordonstoun. And their muscular christianity is a different type to the Protestantism.

sounds legit

They lack the genetic purity of Australians too

redneck-republic.jpg

Mark L

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
del1962 said:
Yeah, but Australian society has a way of maintaining this genetic purity that is not found in the uk, like allowing boats of refugees to silently sink on the high seas
we like to keep them in tasmania for in breeding, a little like the Appalachian Mountains like you see in the self copulating man on man mountain men in Deliverance with Ned Beattie.

but i would agree re dregs